WS1080: Programming Conventional as Trunked System

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I may have missed this if it's already been posted. I just started programming conventional DMR as Trunked Systems on my 1080. I'm getting a short burst of digital noise when transmissions end. Just a millisecond or two.

This doesn't seem to happen on true trunked systems, only conventional with one or more frequencies. I don't get the burst all the time either. Programmed as conventional under the conventional frequencies tab, there is never a burst.

Anyone else notice this? Anyone have a fix?

Thanks,

Sibbley

Melv7956

Yes it does it on my trx-1 also but it is very brief and not a problem. I program as trunked as it allows names to be added to radio id's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, didn't know the TRX series did this as well. It can be rather annoying. I have a conventional NXDN programmed as trunked on the TRX1 & TRX 2 and never had the burst. Must be A DMR thing.

Melv7956

I get a nano second of burst at the end of some of the transmissions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
Most of my DMR is programed under conventional and I have no problem at all.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Another issue I've come across is some TGID's are just not accepted under a trunked system. I simply cannot add them through the scanner or the software. Seems they are just ignored.

I guess it's back to programming these systems conventionally.

Ubbe

A trunked system in a whistler scans all channels in that system for the active TG during the delay period when a users transmission ends. If one channel are too weak to decode properly it will open up the audio and monitor the DMR signalling until it decodes it or continue to scan.

There is absolutly no reason to switch to analog mode in a DMR trunked system so this is a bug and it's been there since whistler improved the DMR decoding ages ago and I have also reported it at that time but it might help if more people sends in a bug report.

/Ubbe

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I sent a bug report on the burst subject to Whistler yesterday. Did you ever have trouble with the radios not accepting TGID's programmed in a DMR trunked system?

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Screen shot of the TGID issue. As you can see it's telling me TG 750 exists, however TG 750 is not listed under TGID information. I'm considering sending this as a bug report also.

Attachments

• TGID Issue.jpg
    TGID Issue.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 358

Ubbe

I sent a bug report on the burst subject to Whistler yesterday. Did you ever have trouble with the radios not accepting TGID's programmed in a DMR trunked system?

Yes, "the TG already exists". To overcome that problem I locked out that system and created a new one and programmed from scratch. If I deleted the troubled system the problem would come back. It's some sort of corrupt memory issue in EZScan. I also get "tried to read (or write) outside of reserved memory" or similar error and EZScan crashes.

/Ubbe

mikey60

Try clicking on the Show unassigned talkgroup checkbox. If a talkgroup is not a member of any scanlists they will be hidden in this view. I found this by accident.

Mike

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Yes, "the TG already exists". To overcome that problem I locked out that system and created a new one and programmed from scratch. If I deleted the troubled system the problem would come back. It's some sort of corrupt memory issue in EZScan. I also get "tried to read (or write) outside of reserved memory" or similar error and EZScan crashes.

/Ubbe

Thanks Ubbe, that advise worked like a charm.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I know how to program DMR as trunking and DMR as conventional.
What is programming DMR conventional as trunking.

It is programming a conventional DMR system under the trunked system tab instead of as single frequency under the conventional frequencies tab. It's very useful to program this way, if like in my case, you have several users on the same frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.