programming DC system

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbrookhart

Do the dc fire and police radio systems have to be programmed into separate banks in order to be able to receive all traffic?

dc2wheel

Apparently you can do them together or seperately. I did them seperately since there are times I'd rather listen to just PD or FD, and it's simpler to just lock out the entire bank. Also there are only 8 tg's that I've ever noticed being used on both systems, and their 'activation' is VERY occasional.
-dc2wheel

cbrookhart

How can both systems be programmed in the scanner in the same bank? One system is an 800 MHz trunked system and the other is a 460MHz trunked system that needs to have a custom frequency table. I thought that only one trunk type per bank could be programmed.

JoeyC

Unless your area is PACKED with systems of EQUAL interest to listen to, why would one put multiple trunking systems in the same bank anyway? While this is technically possible, why would you want to? And, mixing a 460 mHz system with an 800 is, well, I don't think that will work any way. At least with a Uniden scanner you can NOT do that and be able to listen to them both.

Save yourself the hassels and program them in SEPARATE banks. It'll be much easier to zero in on something should you need to get to a specific talkgroup in a hurry anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.