Programming decimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatty1335

Hello, I am getting better at programming with my scanner ( uniden bcd325p2). I’m unsure how to program the DEC into my scanner. Normally it’s just a frequency but in the left hand column I see it says DEC. is there a way to convert this to a frequency or am I missing something? Does it need to be programmed under conventional system maybe vs p25? Anything helps, thank you

kruser

Premium Subscriber
DEC is the Talkgroup on a trunked system. It's nothing to do with the frequency.
Look up near the top of the page for the system you want to program and you should see a section called System Frequencies.
That's where the sites and frequencies are located. You would pick the site near you and then program the frequencies listed for that site in simple terms.

Do you have a link to the systems DB page here so someone can give you some pointers?
That would help. If no link available, your county and state plus the system name that you wish to monitor will help.

Using a program like Freescan will pretty much put everything where it needs to go but you need to be a paid member to use it.
It's a lot simpler than trying to program a trunked system manually although manual programming can be done. Sometimes manual programming is a good thing to learn in case you get in a situation where you have no computer or internet connection or the programming cable for the scanner.

Fatty1335

DEC is the Talkgroup on a trunked system. It's nothing to do with the frequency.
Look up near the top of the page for the system you want to program and you should see a section called System Frequencies.
That's where the sites and frequencies are located. You would pick the site near you and then program the frequencies listed for that site in simple terms.

Do you have a link to the systems DB page here so someone can give you some pointers?
That would help. If no link available, your county and state plus the system name that you wish to monitor will help.

Using a program like Freescan will pretty much put everything where it needs to go but you need to be a paid member to use it.
It's a lot simpler than trying to program a trunked system manually although manual programming can be done. Sometimes manual programming is a good thing to learn in case you get in a situation where you have no computer or internet connection or the programming cable for the scanner.
Thank you that helps. I’ve pretty much programmed everything manually I was just making sure I wasnt missing something with the decimal. I may try to use an actual software program also. I wouldn’t mind listening in to the CVG sir traffic control towers also. Thanks for the help !

Status
Not open for further replies.