Programming DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

USASA

Hi All!

I have been trying, again to program in St. Francis Hospital, Still nothing. Has anyone successfully programmed it? DMR is still a problem for me. I have one other DMR system programmed and working but it is the only one. MotoTrbo is a problem. On Francis I cant even get the LCN on a search. It can't be just me, or can it?

Thanks.
Al
United States Army Security Agency (USASA) (Retired)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
If you set up a regular search, does the scanner ever stop on their frequencies? Do you hear anything on their frequencies?

USASA

Good Question

Thanks for the response. Yes but rarely. The FCC say the frequencies are in use and valid. But it seams that they are not used. Strange. I've programmed two other DMR systems a security company and a contractors system. They work but ST. Francis is a no go. It is not that they are too far away. I can see the hospital from my roof. If I work on my antenna (Radio Shack Discone) I can see the hospital in the distance. It is no more that 5 or 6 air miles away.

Al
USASA

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Okay. Now, just because the FCC says they have frequencies licensed, doesn't mean they are using them. The also don't have to be using a high power repeater with the antenna on the roof of the antenna. It can be a lower powered system using a DAS to get the signal into hard to reach places. Have you gone to the hospital and tried to see what radios are being used?

There is a business near wear I work that has a license for DMR, however, the radio signal is terrible throughout the entire building and all the workers use a VOIP app on their phones to talk to each other.

USASA

On the agenda

Thanks for the reply!

That is on my agenda. I was near the hospital less than a mile, and nothing. But it is better to be on or very close to it to test. I did get some of the security company's programed and working. DMR stuff is a pain!!!!!!!!!

Al
USASA

USASA

Conventional

Hi All!

Well I programmed St. Francis into Conventional Digital, I get talk group 1000, Security by the listing. Unit Ids 300013, 300014, 300015 but no house keeping or maint. It is a start. I still, when I search for LCN's I get nothing. Anyone in Colorado Springs make this work properly? DMR, bah, Humbug!

Al
USASA

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Please explain to me what process you are using to search for an LCN?

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
If you're really interested in DMR systems, you might want to seriously consider getting 2 RTL SDR dongles (very cheap) and order DSD+ fastlane. I use it all the time for finding new/unidentified DMR systems. You should also try conducting manual band-searches in Analog FM mode of the entire UHF and/or VHF commercial bands, and look for any frequency with a loud motorboat sound. It is VERY annoying, if it's a decent signal it will be hard to miss. Simply log every DMR frequency you find with a manual band-search and figure out which DMR system it relates to. Like someone else mentioned, DMR systems associated with a single facility may be using a low-power repeater, but if you park in the parking lot and discreetly conduct manual band searches you may be surprised how quickly you find the frequencies.

USASA

Thanks

Thanks for the info.

I have 3 of the dongles I use them for other UHF/VHF stuff. The scanner I use to monitor local police, fire and alike. I am trying to get a hold of the DMR systems and their programming. Which to this point is just out of my grasp, almost but not their yet.

Al
USASA

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Hi All!

Well I programmed St. Francis into Conventional Digital, I get talk group 1000, Security by the listing. Unit Ids 300013, 300014, 300015 but no house keeping or maint. It is a start. I still, when I search for LCN's I get nothing. Anyone in Colorado Springs make this work properly? DMR, bah, Humbug!

If they are using DMR conventional, you will never find an LCN!

USASA

Right

HI ALL!

That I know. When looking for LCN's I program in the system. I get 2 out of 3 LCN's. they are like 2 & 3 so I suspect that the other may be 1 or 4, so I try it no change no improvement in hearing anything. very frustrating. I do use Conventional to find ID and TG. That works. DMR and I am banging heads, DMR is winning. In this I do need expert help (maybe in other areas also).

Al
USASA

Status
Not open for further replies.