• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Programming DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
I am working on programming my Anytone D878 and have a question about writing my codeplug.

I only see the option to assign one talkgroup per channel, so do I have to make a new channel for every talkgroup I want to assign? Or is there a way to assign multiple TGIDs to one channel?

If this is the case, how do you do you channel naming with what repeater you're transmitting to and the TGID?

For example, the repeater is called Hurst ARC DMR, so my channel name is "Hurst ARC DMR" but the only contact I can assign is "Local Repeater", but I still have several more Talkgroups to assign to this system... I am trying to avoid having to name it something like "Hurst ARC DMR - Locla Repeater" etc.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
There are differing opinions, but it seems as if most DMR users create a separate channel for each unique repeater/hotspot and talkgroup combination and then group similar channels or locations into zones. This results in lots of channels and initial programming work, but seems easier and quicker to navigate in the long run. Zones can be created for analog stations, different locations, DMR repeaters, HotSpots, RX-only channels and so on.

example: Zone=Hurst ARC DMR; Ch1=TG91, Ch2=TG3100, Ch3=TG310, etc

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
This is how I have done my programing for a 868. Zone has the name of the repeater by city. Usually it's one for one except for Dallas-A and Dallas-B as they have different frequencies and carry different TGs. Hurst is assigned "09" for channel names plus the TG that channel uses. Only so many characters can be input so the number keeps it simple and short. Zone name with show on the screen below the selected channel in that zone anyway. Easy to lose track of a channel if not organized when assigning them to a zone. If the channel does not get assigned to a zone its in the radio, but you can't get to it. I've included a shot of a Hurst channel and the TG I use and naming convention.

Hurst-Zone.png

Hurst-Channels.png

Hurst-Info.png

Area-TG.png

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
There are code plugs that you can download for that radio. Take a look at a couple of them to see how the are constructed. I have programed 8 different brands (from the CC to Hytera), each with different CPS. Studying a code plug before I start has saved time and frustration. Basically, there is a separate entry for each TG you want. Some of the programming software has a copy and paste function that can save time with the redundant information, but none of the software I have used allows multiple TGs in an entry, and none of the radios except my K1 lets you change the TG number easily in the radio.

KI5IRE

Premium Subscriber
This is how I have done my programing for a 868. Zone has the name of the repeater by city. Usually it's one for one except for Dallas-A and Dallas-B as they have different frequencies and carry different TGs. Hurst is assigned "09" for channel names plus the TG that channel uses. Only so many characters can be input so the number keeps it simple and short. Zone name with show on the screen below the selected channel in that zone anyway. Easy to lose track of a channel if not organized when assigning them to a zone. If the channel does not get assigned to a zone its in the radio, but you can't get to it. I've included a shot of a Hurst channel and the TG I use and naming convention.

View attachment 82239

View attachment 82240

View attachment 82241

View attachment 82242

Thanks for sharing this, are you able to hit the Hurst DMR repeater from Lewisville? I programmed it but wasn't able to hit it. I'm wondering if I did something wrong during programming.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I can’t bring up the Hurst repeater, but I can for a couple that are further away, example is Arlington and Dallas repeaters. It’s possible that the Hurst repeater is not on the air right now.

wolfhound89

Premium Subscriber
I have been working on learning about the codeplug for my 868. I have downloaded a few North Texas ones that on the surface appear to fit my needs. The challenge is that I am in Keller which is listed as having a DMR repeater but I can't seem to connect to. The Colleyville is sketchy at times and Grapevine I can never connect to. I also purchased a hotspot however, my goal is to learn the codeplug before finishing configuring the hotspot.

Could the 868 compatible codeplugs be outdated? I need to look closer at the screenshots in this post closer when I am not mobile.

My goal is to be able to drive from Keller to Fort Worth and be able to connected to a repeater along the way. I understand this is not automatic and will require me to changed it.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Do you have a cellular data plan and WiFi hotspot capability on your cellphone? Consider this: Shift your priorities to configuring your hotspot. Set it up not only with the WiFi network you use at home, but also for the one on your cellphone. Take the hotspot with you when you travel (or get a 2nd hotspot). Set up at least one more Zone in your codeplug named "HotSpot", "Mobile HotSpot" or something similar. Configure multiple channels with the hotspot's freq in them, and assign a different TG (Contact) to each "channel" in the Zone for the hotspot. Voila! You have a mobile hotspot that will work whether or not you are in range of a repeater.

alcahuete

Premium Subscriber
My goal is to be able to drive from Keller to Fort Worth and be able to connected to a repeater along the way. I understand this is not automatic and will require me to changed it.

It actually depends. It's very possible with roaming, but the repeaters have to be set up for it, same/similar talkgroups, etc. Here in So. Cal., I can literally drive from the Mexican border to anywhere in SoCal and almost out to Las Vegas without ever touching the radio. Unfortunately, the 868 does not roam. You need an 878 for that.

Could the 868 compatible codeplugs be outdated?

Not only is it possible, I'd say it's extremely likely. The 878 is the new model, so your mileage may vary with people keeping codeplugs for old radios updated. This is why you need to learn how to make and maintain your own codeplugs. Then you don't have to rely on someone else to update it, and you can customize it to your own liking. They really aren't difficult to do. Use a pre-made one as a template and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.