Programming Dothan P.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

listen96

Has anyone tried to program Dothan's new motorola p25 system. It is not updated in the database on this site and I have not had any luck trying to program the frequencies I am hearing some traffic on.

Thanks

listen96

I can pick up traffic on 854.0375, 854.3125, 852.850, and 857.9375, but I can not "track" it. I am sure there are other frequencies they are using. I believe 854.0375 and 854.3125 may be control channels and when it sounds like it stops on a scrambled frequency I can scan to another frequency and hear the rest of the conversation unscrambled.

listen96

They are no longer using the LTR Multinet. That information is old. I know they have gone to a Motorola p25 system and the frequencies I have found that I can hear some traffic on is the FCC callsign or license WQHR352 in this database. They switched systems about 2 months ago.

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
do a call sign look up in the FCC database & get the frequencies, 700Mhz can be tracked by the PSR500 & maybe some others

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
The Freq showed up on 857.4875 with sysid ID0. I couldn't hear nothing when it stopped on that freq. I went to the fcc section on the RRDB and see the 800mhz was granted on 04/07/2008. Call sign is WQHR353 and WQHR352.

Last edited:

Steve

I would like to make a suggestion, if anyone can run the PRO96COM program on the Dothan system that might help.
Anyone with a Pro-96 and the programming cable should be able to run this program. It will help identify the system's information, frequencies in use and other information. Or run Unitrunker on the system. I haven't had any success running Unitrunker on a P25 system but it is my set-up that is my Unitrunker problem. But with PRO96COM, I have been successful. I use PRO96COM on a XP desktop with few problems.

Also Dothan has 5 licenses related to this system: WPGW 902, WPQD 755, WQET712, WQHR352 and WQHR353. I think, ignoring the duplicates, there 20 or so frequencies shown licensed to Dothan for this new system. If I was down there, I try running PRO96COM but it will be after September before I can make it down. I will be glad to assist anyone who wants to try PRO96COM by e-mail or other means/methods.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Correct Steve Only if a true P-25 .. that is uses a 9600 BPS Control channel(s)

Last edited:

Steve

Okay, I went awry in my research. WPQD755 is actually licensed to Dothan for the city schools.
The frequency (857.4875) that bravo14 posted is on the school's license.
So can anyone in/around Dothan that has a Pro-96, Pro-2096, BC396, BC996 or PSR-500 park on the active control channel and see if they can get the sysid for the new system?
Attached (if successful) is a zipped excel file with most (or all) of Dothan's frequencies for the new system.

Attachments

• Dothan City TRS.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 137

listen96

I ran PRO96COM but no information was diplayed. I know there was a connection between the scanner and the program.

SCPD

QRT
I ran PRO96COM but no information was diplayed. I know there was a connection between the scanner and the program.
Are you able to pick up the control channel(s) & it may not b true p25 that is using a 9600 BPS control channel if so pro96com wont help ya. May try Unitrunker?

Last edited:

Steve

Okay Ronny bear with me, after parking your 96 can the active control channel (CC) did you have the 96 in "Remote Access Mode"? That is; with the 96 in manual mode on active CC, press PGM then FUNC then PGM PGM (PGM twice).
The screen should display: V-Scanner
PC/IF Port
Remote Access
CLR to EXIT
With the above message displayed then click on "Read Data from Radio" button. Remote Access text should change to: In Use .

When I first ran PRO96COM,I had try a couple of times to get all of the settings "right".
If you have done the above described actions, then disregard.
Just trying to help solve the mystery (plus want to know how to set my scanner(s) for when/if I get back down there).

listen96

Steve. I had all the settings as you described though I did have to change the COM Port. I was getting a reading in the receive rate box (0 of 25-30) but there was 0%. Is it possible I am to close or to far from a tower although I can pick up some radio traffic clearly.

Steve

Ronny, on the system I monitor up here I get the same indication (0% 0 of xx) but the program is still receiving data. If possible you may have to let it run awhile ( I let my set-up in the background alot of the time). I know you lose use of the 96 so if your 96 is the only radio available the extended run idea is not option.

SCPD

QRT
Steve you have a PM & listen96 , it may have been rebanded check the motorola forum under rebanding for the special tables that you will need to properly track & monitor if indeed it has been rebanded.. hmmm m thinking now all this may not be needed for p25 systems?? read the rebanding sticky & the wiki I am now confused also lol

listen96

Steve, I have found the control channel (851.7375) using PRO96COM. I am new to this and am not sure where to go from here. Steve I have sent you a pm.

Steve

Ronny and all,
Information on the new Dothan system from Ronny's PRO96COM file (Thanks Ronny)
SYSID = C1C
Tower# = 101
Callsign = WQHR353
Current Control Channel = 851.7375
Alternate Control Channel = 852.1500
Alternate Control Channel = 852.5375

There is other information available but I will let Ronny decide how he what to share the information.
Now Ronny (and others) take another bank in your scanner and programming 851.7375, 852.150 and 852.5375 in and set as Motorola and set bank as Motorola (for Uniden scanners set bank as P25).
Then let the scanning begin.
One other thing, the licenses show 3 transmit sites: one at the City Shop Complex, one at/near Westgate and one near Rehobeth. So as the system fills out, you may see 2 other sites come online.
These other sites may use different control channels or all 3 site may be linked and only use one control channel. But for now you (we) have a starting place. Thanks Ronny

listen96

Thanks Steve,
Using the control and alternate channels as you said I am able to "track" Dothan's system. I am not sure if any other information I found using PRO96COM would be helpful to anyone but let me know if it would be and I will get it to you. One other thing, is there any way to lock out a specific talkgroup or will all talkgroups have to be monitored.

Status
Not open for further replies.