Programming FleetNet on XTS 3000

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWarlock

Hello,

I was wondering what everyones thoughts were regarding programming FleetNet on an XTS 3000 when it comes to the coverage type option in the CPS.

When creating the Trunking System what is the best option for the coverage type: Disabled, Local AMSS, WAC AMSS, or SmartZone?

Thanks in Advance.

maxtracs

That is the simple part of programming the radio
I'm sorry if I sound rude but if you don't know that you should not be programming that radio
Plz make sure someone who knows what they are doing helps you
And for god sake do not use smartzone

TheWarlock

That is the simple part of programming the radio
I'm sorry if I sound rude but if you don't know that you should not be programming that radio
Plz make sure someone who knows what they are doing helps you

I'm trying to figure out what the best theatrical option is as I have done both disabled and SmartZone. I have noticed in SmartZone I might miss a call or 2 hear and there.

I hear it time and time again don't program radios as you don't know what your doing. However I have yet one person who can recommend a class I can register for to learn or someone who has a better option that I can learn. The radios I program are in TX Inhibit so in all honesty what is the harm!

Until that happens please help me understand so I can learn.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pro-91, MTS 2000 800MHz, Astro Saber VHF, APX 6000 7/800MHz

TheWarlock

I also ask my what I think is an intelligent question as I know Barrie OPP doesn't broadcast on the Toronto towers so why waste time programming it.

slicerwizard

The radios I program are in TX Inhibit so in all honesty what is the harm!
How did you come to the conclusion that TX inhibit blocks all TX functions? Especially on a trunking radio? I ask because I suspect that it doesn't.

It seems to me that this is the kind of thing you would have to know, not just assume. And not brush off with a "What's the harm?"

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
To speak to the specific question - the best way to program that radio is using Coverage Type of "Disabled" - this puts it in SmartNET mode. That is, the radio will only use the site you program into it, and not try to roam onto another. If you set it to SmartZone, it will attempt to roam to other sites, based on the neighbour sites broadcasted over the air (it'll attempt this even if you only program in the control channels for one particular site).

The fact that you say you're missing the odd transmission while in SmartZone mode tells me that you aren't doing it properly. There is a rather specific way to program the radio to do SmartZone following, and the way you have it set isn't correct.

https://communications.support/threads/2885-No-Affiliate-Trunked-Scan-Instructions

That's the best resource you'll find out there.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
The radios I program are in TX Inhibit so in all honesty what is the harm!

TX Inhibit doesn't mean what you think it means. It means PTT Inhibit, meaning the user can't initiate a transmission - but the radio can and WILL respond to messages from the system, and attempt to affiliate. This is particularly true on newer ASTRO25/APX radios - and very dangerous on 700/800MHz systems where it is impossible to "trick" the radio by programming fake TX information.

RayAir

I'm trying to figure out what the best theatrical option is as I have done both disabled and SmartZone. I have noticed in SmartZone I might miss a call or 2 hear and there.

I hear it time and time again don't program radios as you don't know what your doing. However I have yet one person who can recommend a class I can register for to learn or someone who has a better option that I can learn. The radios I program are in TX Inhibit so in all honesty what is the harm!

Until that happens please help me understand so I can learn.

Thanks!

Your course work will be:
You Tube
Searching the internet, and
Help tips in the actual CPS

And IME, that was enough.

mciupa

Database Admin
So, we should have some interesting FleetNet logs soon, I guess. :(

TheWarlock

To speak to the specific question - the best way to program that radio is using Coverage Type of "Disabled" - this puts it in SmartNET mode. That is, the radio will only use the site you program into it, and not try to roam onto another. If you set it to SmartZone, it will attempt to roam to other sites, based on the neighbour sites broadcasted over the air (it'll attempt this even if you only program in the control channels for one particular site).

The fact that you say you're missing the odd transmission while in SmartZone mode tells me that you aren't doing it properly. There is a rather specific way to program the radio to do SmartZone following, and the way you have it set isn't correct.

https://communications.support/threads/2885-No-Affiliate-Trunked-Scan-Instructions

That's the best resource you'll find out there.

I appreciate your response. Thank you.

TheWarlock

My intent is not to have the radio connect to the system. That is the last thing I want. In all honestly for my use I don't need to use the SmartZone coverage option as disabled works fine for what I need. I have reprogrammed the radio back to the codeplug that was on it when I had it programmed properly as disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.