• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming GR300, trying to get to rick options menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josh380

I'm programming a gr300 repeater for a friend, and having difficulty getting to the rick options screen.

It should be under change/view codeplug menu (F2 for Radio Wide) but as you see by the attached picture, F2 is not present. When I change to radio mode, F2 becomes available, and the rss is recognizing the rick, but still no rick options menu. (I'm assuming the rss recognizes the rick, see pic 2)

HELP!! Rss ver r01.00.00

Attachments

• 20161230_222721.jpg
    20161230_222721.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 549
  • 20161230_222650.jpg
    20161230_222650.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:

cmdrwill

Does your radio have the Accy options? It may not have it not all GM300 radios have the accy options.

Josh380

Accessory options are available, I did see something that said when I programmed the radio "this appears to be a rick repeater, preparing to correct accessory pins" then goes back to the get/save menu. Didn't get a pic and can't seem to reproduce those results.

Last edited:

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
What settings do you want ? the Rick is configured by dip switches. The only setting in the radio depending on the version is what pin is COR really. Many of the earlier version radios did not have this setting available and Pin 8 was COR.

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
yup. the RICK is about as basic as there is. The DIP switch will allow your bidirectional or unidirectional repeater, how many seconds the the hang time is and the COR pins and thats about it. DTMF on and off is done in the radio and the MAXTRAC or GM300 needs to be capable of DTMF decode and alert. I never was able to get one to work successfully.

No such thing as repeater ID with a RICK. About all you can do is MDC ID from the TX radio if you need some sort of ID.

cmdrwill

Josh, we quit using the dammed R.I.C.K. many years ago. I do have some 'work around's' that may solve your problem.

And on GMRS the repeater is not required to ID.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
The real question is it a RICK or one of the relabeled Zetron controllers which are commonly mislabeled as RICKs? Reason I ask, I've only ever seen one RICK in a GR300 (and it is sitting on my desk at the office) as everything else has been the rebranded Zetron controllers. The GR300 sitting in my garage has an i50R for a controller currently (the RICK on my desk is destined to replace the i50R).

petnrdx

I think the Zetron ZR 310, 320 and 330 were the most common I have seen also.
But there were plenty of RICK's.
I have not seen the i50R, but heard they were common in places.
Pretty sure the i50R was not Zetron, those were made by Instrument Associates Inc, in Memphis.
NO programming of the RICK with RSS, only the radio settings.
The RSS did program the Zetrons. But not every feature. (from memory).
Out of curiosity only, does anyone know if the i50R programmed with RSS?
My understanding was the i50 was pretty much just a simple telephone interconnect.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I think the Zetron ZR 310, 320 and 330 were the most common I have seen also.

But there were plenty of RICK's.

I have not seen the i50R, but heard they were common in places.

Pretty sure the i50R was not Zetron, those were made by Instrument Associates Inc, in Memphis.

NO programming of the RICK with RSS, only the radio settings.

The RSS did program the Zetrons. But not every feature. (from memory).

Out of curiosity only, does anyone know if the i50R programmed with RSS?

My understanding was the i50 was pretty much just a simple telephone interconnect.

It is DIP based. The instructions are in one of the GR300 manuals hosted on Repeater Builder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.