programming help bcd996p2 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

madrid57

Premium Subscriber
first time owners can't seem to download uniden bearcat BCD996p2 I subscribed to radio reference .com paid for 90 days said I have it but no license key to activate anybody in the Lenawee county area willing to help me please and thank you

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
did you download and install the special driver required for the 996p2, if not thats the first thing you need to do. once thats done you should be able to communicate with the scanner using your software.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Do you have programming software yet? Let me know what programming software you are using. I already have a file for Lenawee County. Here are the drivers you need: Save to your computer and extract.

Attachments

• uniden_usbser.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

Blackink

And here are some instructions for installing that driver (from the Uniden Web site):
  1. Download and unzip the above driver.
  2. Plug in the scanner using a USB cable.
  3. Right click on the Windows Launch icon (bottom left corner) and select "Device Manager."
  4. The device shows up with a yellow triangle.
  5. Right click on device and select "Update Driver Software."
  6. Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software."
  7. Navigate to the folder where you have unzipped the above driver.
The driver installed and is assigned as: Uniden Serial Port (COMx)
(x) will be replaced with the actual port number.

This link has pictures that might help you also. Just make sure you unzip the folder before following these instructions from Scannermaster's Web site.

Agcox

Premium Subscriber
I also have the BCD996P2 scanner and can provide some assistance programming if needed, just send me a message.

Although I do have another question for the group, I have noticed that my scanner is stopping on TGIDs that i have programmed but i have stopped recieving audio on these channels. They were fine yesterday. TGID 1260 which is Lenawee main dispatch being one of them. Is this a signal issue, or an issue of them switching to an encryption? I am still hearing other talkgroups just fine.

madrid57

Premium Subscriber
Do you have programming software yet? Let me know what programming software you are using. I already have a file for Lenawee County. Here are the drivers you need: Save to your computer and extract.
FINALLY GOT THE DRIVER SOFTWARE DOWNLOADED. TOOK FOREVER FOR BEING BEGINNERS TO COMPREHEND HOW TO DO IT. NOWWHAT ISTHE NEXT STEP? DO WE FREESCAN NOW?

Agcox

Premium Subscriber
Yes you would now use freescan to program. You can import using RR once you get connected and then upload to the scanner.

tvengr

Well Known Member
Here is a completed file for Lenawee County. Save the attached zipped file to your computer and extract. Open the extracted file with FreeSCAN and Upload Programming. Highlight Erase All Systems & Settings. Click on Start Upload.

Attachments

• Lenawee Co MI.zip
    793 bytes · Views: 17

madrid57

Premium Subscriber
Okay, so I have tried to open this and upload to the scanner. I'm having lots of problems doing this. do you do this zipped file just like uploading the drivers? I have tried to do it like the driver and it's not working. any suggestion's

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
unzip file and save unzipped file, open scanner software, open unsaved scanner file, upload to scanner, press scan on scanner, done.

proscan is a much better program than freescan and is easier to use.

madrid57

Premium Subscriber
okay so I did everything right to download, and nothing was on the zip file (ugh) now what !!!!!

Agcox

Premium Subscriber
Since your a premium subscriber you could go to file and then import in free scan and import the frequencies that way. Select trucked system. Fill in your user name and password. Select the state county etc.. select the p25 system for MPSCS and then select the boxes for the things you want to listen to. I would only select the lenawee site.

Status
Not open for further replies.