• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Help: New G5 won't alert on VHF 2 tone

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfegs

Hi there. I just got my new G5 today and finished programming it. I have Knob 1 and 2 set up as VHF 2 tone selective call alert. I created my 2 tone sets in D4 for 2 different fire companies in Camden county NJ. My station was dispatched today as my Minitor 6 went off but the G5 did not. Not sure what I did wrong. Here are some screen shots of my programming. My fire dispatch freq is 154.430 MHZ. As per RR database, it does have a CTCSS code of 192.8 hz. Do I have to make sure that is programmed in D5 as shown below?

I am trying to program these few knob positions so they act like my Minitor 6. Also, I have knob 3 as Monitor mode on the VHF frequency so I can listen to the dispatch frequency. However, I am only hearing the dispatchers voice and not the tones as they are sent out. On my Minitor 6, when I am monitoring, I hear the tones come across the pager, what I am doing wrong on the G5 that I don't hear the tones? I did find out that when I hit the reset button on the side of the G5 as the tones are going out that I hear on my Minitor 6, then I hear the tones on the G5 but when I release the button, I don't hear them any more.

Thanks for the help.

tkowalik

Banned
Make sure your minimum short tone duration on tab D3 is set low enough to capture the tones. I’d set it to 200ms and the long tone to 4000ms and the gap at 1000ms to avoid false alerts.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I would try what N5XPM said, some fire dispatch setups do not transmit CTCSS while toning out so radios programmed with CTCSS will miss the tones.

cfegs

Thank you all. Much appreciated. I have set the Squelch type to 'None' to turn off the CTCSS and also adjusted the short and long tone durations. Our fire dispatch is only 2 tones, where the 1st tone is a common tone in hz for our township and then our second short tone is the individual station tone which activates our pagers. The other parameters below I set as per the software recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.