BCD325P2/BCD996P2: Programming help Project 25 Phase II TDMA

tkebp1491

Premium Subscriber
I am new to the scanner world and need some guidance. I have a Uniden BCD325P2. I uploaded my county frequences through Pro Scan and have a question about my police frequencies is Project 25 Phase II TDMA. When its on the scanner i am getting nothing from the frequency. Is there a certain way to properly load TDMA frequencies? Thanks!

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
It would help if you listed the agency. What city/town and state- don’t forget to also list the county… that’s how Radio Reference lists them. We can then look up that agency and determine if it’s an encrypted system, etc. Then we can more accurately answer your question.

wtp

the problem might be simulcast.
try moving the radio around to see if that helps.
another thing to try is if it is scrolling 'ID SCAN' hit the function button and then the scan button to change it to id search.

Last edited:

tkebp1491

Premium Subscriber
It would help if you listed the agency. What city/town and state- don’t forget to also list the county… that’s how Radio Reference lists them. We can then look up that agency and determine if it’s an encrypted system, etc. Then we can more accurately answer your question.
Sorry about that! I should put that in my first message lol here you go! Thank you so much

Attachments

• Frequencies.pdf
    382.4 KB · Views: 24

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums @tkebp1491. Issue you are experiencing may be twofold. First off, most of the police talkgroups aside from Dispatch (30273) are FULLY ENCRYPTED, mode "TE" meaning they cannot be monitored. You'll only be able to pick up mode "T" talkgroups on the system but as aforementioned, you'll likely suffer issues from simulcast distortion if you're within listening range to two or more simulcast towers on the Abilene cell (reference image). You'll have much better luck bringing in simulcast systems using a Uniden SDS100 but feel free to try the multipath mitigation methods in the wiki I linked below
1714671693223.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I used radioreference.com. Just used my radio reference login info on Pro Scan.

If you used Proscan, it should have imported the system (site freqs and talkgroups) properly. When scanning that system, do you see any signal indication?

tkebp1491

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the RR forums @tkebp1491. Issue you are experiencing may be twofold. First off, most of the police talkgroups aside from Dispatch (30273) are FULLY ENCRYPTED, mode "TE" meaning they cannot be monitored. You'll only be able to pick up mode "T" talkgroups on the system but as aforementioned, you'll likely suffer issues from simulcast distortion if you're within listening range to two or more simulcast towers on the Abilene cell (reference image). You'll have much better luck bringing in simulcast systems using a Uniden SDS100 but feel free to try the multipath mitigation methods in the wiki I linked below
View attachment 161417
Thank you so much for this! Yea based on where I am at think my best option is spending the little extra money and getting the SDS100

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
The SDS100 & SDS200 are great in getting rid of the simulcast issue. But just be aware they won't solve the encrypted channels being blocked.

Reactions: wtp