Programming help with the BCD439HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjkowalak

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

I'm having trouble with programming my new Uniden BCD436HP. I don't think I have the MPSCS set up correctly. The problem I'm having is that it seems to be scanning but it's not picking up on any of the local police or fire frequencies. I'm not hearing anything. I live in Macomb county and I am trying to listen to Macomb Simulcast and Detroit City Simulcast. Is there a way to assign a specific frequency to these that I'm not doing? I know it's something simple I'm overlooking. Appreciate any help.

Thanks

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Did you update the Uniden firmware when you received the new scanner? The Sentinel software, which you can download from Uniden.

I'm waiting on my new BCD436HP, which should be here in a few days. Doing some reading tonight, I saw where this fixed some issues with reception of P25 digital systems. I also live in Macomb County.

Bill

pjkowalak

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply iMONITOR. I'm kinda confused with the Sentinel so I'm going to have to try programming it that way. I just received the scanner today and have only programmed it with the zip code but it should still be picking up the local frequencies. Use error I'm sure. Just can't find that error.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If for nothing else, you need to use the Sentinel software to update the radio's firmware (aka; operating system software). This is separate from the database, where you program what you want the radio to monitor. This should be done prior to attempting to program the scanner for your monitoring choices.

See below:

Last edited:

pjkowalak

Premium Subscriber
Do you know which system type to use with the MPSCS? The bcd436hp has P25-Trunk, P25 x2-TDMA, P25-One Frequency, Motorola, EDAC, Conventional..etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.