Programming Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrlarivi

I am trying to program a Uniden scanner to include the VIPER system, in an attempt to hear SHP in Gaston, Mecklenburg, and Lincoln counties. Do I need to program *all* the VIPER frequencies and then the talk groups for my districts, or can I just program the frequencies specific to those counties and then the talk groups? Also, I do not see any listings for Lincoln county, but it was slated to have VIPER in 2007. Was this delayed, or are the frequencies listed under another county?

nitroboie

You should be fine with programming the sites in the areas you wish to monitor (Gaston, Mecklenburg, and Lincoln). If I were you, I'd also program neighboring sites as well just in case the unit's radio gets switched to another site.

Actually, Troop H-5 (Mecklenburg) don't even use VIPER, their in-car radios are still lowband while the portables are on the Meck-County TRS. If you can pick up the Meck-County TRS, you should program the system as well as the talkgroup. However, you'll only hear traffic from an SHP unit if he's on the portable, but you'll always hear "Monroe" (dispatch).

Troop H-3 also have a talkgroup on the Meck-County TRS. I'm assuming they operate the same way, someone correct me if I'm wrong (I don't have the H-3 talk group programmed).

Status
Not open for further replies.