programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffparonto

I am trying to manually program a RadioShack PRO-197 digital scanner, does anyone know how I can lock-out all freq's in the system and just create one "bank" to add all the local freq's into for scanning purposes?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Hello and welcome to Radio Reference.

I am trying to manually program a RadioShack PRO-197 digital scanner, does anyone know how I can lock-out all freq's in the system and just create one "bank" to add all the local freq's into for scanning purposes?
That scanner does not use banks. You can organize channels (called objects) into lists. The scanner is tough enough to program with software, and even more difficult to program by hand.

First of all, I am not sure why you need to "lock out all frequencies". If you don't want to hear something, don't program it. Why program it only to lock it out?

What I've done is fill my scanner with just about anything I'd ever want to monitor. I filled the 20 lists this way. Then I went through and selected what I typically want to hear and included them in my "favorites" list. On a typical day, on that scanner, I just scan Favorites. Think of Favorites as just being one of the many "banks".

Like I said, doing that with software is a little work, especially when the scanner is as loaded as mine is. Doing it by hand takes a lot more time and is not so easy to explain. You'd have to go through each object; if you want it, add it to Favorites. If you don't want it, lock it out (or don't add it). Then when done, just scan Favorites. Note that one drawback of this approach is that when you are scanning Favorites you can not also scan a list. So another approach is to put what you want in list 1 (or whatever), and only have that one list enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.