• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

emtmike

I just picked up a 1250 and have a question. Remember I am new to this so be kind. Where do I put PL Tones? And is it on the Tx or Rx?

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
It is under transmit and receive

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

clbsquared

Must make sure you choose the right PL type. Some are DPL
d9c917773b628006b16e50cc968e6118.jpg

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
What are you trying to look up? The HELP file is actually very helpful.

emtmike

The help feature of the software is not working for some reason. I programmed 9 channels into the conventional personality section and did a right to radio and only the 1st one programmed into the radio. I dont know how to program different zones ether.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
If you open up ZONE in the radio tree, the ZONE window will pop up. The first tab is the zone name. If you haven't added any zones it'll probably say ZONE 1. The next tab are the channels assigned to the zone.

There is probably only 1 channel in the zone, which is why you only see 1 channel after you write the radio. Right click on the first row and select ADD TO END. This will add more rows, aka more channels to the zone.

rustyjw

Premium Subscriber
Under the channel column you can select which channels from a personality you want in the radio, and which channel on the radio it will be assigned ro.

Status
Not open for further replies.