Programming Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim1070

I am trying to enter a department talkgroups on the MOT 800 system and the talkgroup is 500-1. Any idea how to enter a dash when entering this into a pro 96 scanner. any help would be appreciated!

seamusg

jim1070 said:
I am trying to enter a department talkgroups on the MOT 800 system and the talkgroup is 500-1. Any idea how to enter a dash when entering this into a pro 96 scanner. any help would be appreciated!
What system are you trying to program in?

jim1070

Motorola Type 1 (Vestavia Hills Alabama). I can hear everyone on that frequency (Ie Police) but I want to set it where I only listen to Fire.

jim1070

Just to clear up my last post, entering into the Pro 96 the Subfleet says to be 500-01 for fire and so on. How do you enter the dash into the Pro 96 programming program?

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
... EDIT ...

You need to set the proper fleet maps into the program. You can try preset E1P1. Though I can't say if E1P1 will work...

Last edited:

jim1070

Trunk Programming Help

i still dont know though. would appreciate anyone that doesnt mind going to Vestavia Hills (Alabama) radio system page and look and see if you can give me advice. I only want fire.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
If you are doing it by hand, use the period for a dash. This is assuming you have set up a the fleet map. The fleet map can be found on the system page here in the data base.

Vestavia Hills System

gatekeep

FAIL 01/93
Premium Subscriber
Ok for your fleet map, you need to set field 5 to S03. Then you should be able to type in 500-01.

jim1070

I should know, but HOW do you set up a Fleet Map? I have the program that comes with the Pro 96 so I am programming it off a computer. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
jim1070 said:
I should know, but HOW do you set up a Fleet Map? I have the program that comes with the Pro 96 so I am programming it off a computer. Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!
Since no program comes with the Pro-96, I am not sure what software you have. If it is Win96, then on the correct bank (under the Channels Tab) you should be able to set the fleet map on the right side just above the place you enter talk groups.

If you are doing it by hand, get the scanner on the bank you want to set the fleet map, press the <PRG> button, press the <TRUNK>, press <Func>, press <8>; set each block as appropriate.

jim1070

Need More Help!!!

yes its the win 96 software....i guess i can figure out how to set that up.....but when the talkgroup says 500-01 I just enter the hyphen as a decimal point.....thanks EVERYONE for your help im still trying to figure this one out!

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
jim1070 said:
yes its the win 96 software....i guess i can figure out how to set that up.....but when the talkgroup says 500-01 I just enter the hyphen as a decimal point.....thanks EVERYONE for your help im still trying to figure this one out!
In the software you would use the hyphen. You just use the period if programming it by hand in the radio.

The radio (and the software) will not accept that until you set that block to something other than Type II.

Status
Not open for further replies.