Programming help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinto

Hello all. I have spent the day programming my 396t with the arc software. Here are a few problems I am having that I am looking for help on.

1. Conventional systems scan fine and hold the 30 sec time I have set them for. Newington LTR works well also.

2. The problem I am having is with the new britain and CSP systems. I have set the hold time for 30 seconds on all of these systems and it does not work. They skip right over them. Any ideas why this is happening? Also when I program the scanner with the arc software for the CSP do I select the APCO 25 setting or motorola II?

Thanks in advance.

Rob

cg

Premium Subscriber
CSP is Type II not APCO25
You are likely not setting the systems up correctly or for some reason you cannot hear the data channels needed in order to scan the 800 trunked systems. I know of an area in southern Newington where there is so much cellular interference that the scanners all go deaf on all 800.
Try this if you are in the Hartford area. Program 868.2625 as a conventional channel and see if you can hear the data channel for CSP Troop H.

I would discourage you from using 30 second hold times. You will miss a tremendous amount of traffic. <5 would be better (I use 0 on all of them) unless you have a reason for that long of a time.

If you wish to email the file to me, I can take a look at it. I have the ARC software but I no longer have a 396 so I can only look at it. use (hiker8261 AT yahoo DOT com)

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.