Programming in the SCPD trunk system

Status
Not open for further replies.

drumz0rz

I'm not sure where exactly to post this as it covers a bunch of topics. I'm new to scanning, and I'm trying to learn how to program in different channels. I've got the RS Pro-162, and I'm using BuTeL's ARC 160 to program it from my PC.

I've entered the listed frequencies for the SCPD MOT II system listed on this website into Bank 0 and that's all I have in that bank. I set them all to type MOT and locked out the command channels (the bank isn't trunked, just the channels). I can hear plenty of chatter so I know I did something right.

Now I wanted to program in all of the Fleet Codes (talk groups) so I entered them all in the talk group tab of ARC 160, and gave them all the proper Alpha Tags. When I upload to the scanner, however, none of the talkgroups show up as it scans the channels. I think it might not be treating them as a trunked system, and just happens to hear chatter as it passes that channel. In ARC 160 I can trunk the entire bank, but for a MOT system, it wants to know the frequency, the offset, and step, then the fleetmap section has 7 blocks and I have no idea what any of that does.

Here's some screenshots of what I have so far. (Note, the first one, is all default info except for the name)
arc160.jpg

arc161.jpg

arc162.jpg

If a mod feels this is better suited for the software forum, or the trunked forum, or the radioshack forum, or any other forum, feel free to move it there for me!

Thanks.

vsny

I'm running out my door, but something I spotted as an error, you MUST UNLOCK your control channels. The scanner needs the one that is active at that time, to tell it what to monitor. Be thankful you have software....when I did this by hand years ago, it took me a week to get it correct (senior moment). Good luck you will love scanning

nozzlenut83

I'm not familiar with that scanner or that software, but I believe your "Bank Type" should NOT be "Not Trunked". It should be MOT or something similar for a Motorola TRS.

Again, I'm not familiar with this particular setup, but that doesn't seem right.

drumz0rz

Ah, I thank you. I unlocked the command and set the bank to MOT. Now I've got the Alpha Tags of the talk groups as I scan. Thanks!

drumz0rz

I figured I'd reuse this topic instead of creating a new one. I was listening to my scanner just now, and my talkgroup alpha tags aren't 100% complete yet, so everytime I see a new number come up, I look it up and update my software. Tonight however, I got this weird loud noise (probably data) with the MT ID of 24048 which isn't listed in the database. Anyone get this before / know what it is?

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I figured I'd reuse this topic instead of creating a new one. I was listening to my scanner just now, and my talkgroup alpha tags aren't 100% complete yet, so everytime I see a new number come up, I look it up and update my software. Tonight however, I got this weird loud noise (probably data) with the MT ID of 24048 which isn't listed in the database. Anyone get this before / know what it is?

S C P D uses some digital channels. Is your scanner capable of receiving digital? Mine is not, so I just lock those out. I know I have 24048 locked out and a few of the suv channels as well.. Look at the suffolk trunked page, you will see these headings

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag

Anything with a "D" listed under Mode is digital. Some that list D are able to be monitored if they don't use digital

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.