programming issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob0101

I recently bought a RS Pro-197 and have programmed several trunk systems ok, but certain others I cannot program, i.e. Bayonne, Piscataway, Old Bridge and Verona. These systems are Motorola Smartnet, Motorola Type II Smartnet, and APCO-25 Phase 1 (FDMA.)

The Pro does not have serttings for the above mentioned radio trunking systems, so it is difficult to get them to work. Are there other settings that can be used or substituted? Also, in the frequencies provided by Radio Reference, some control channels are not in red as they describe them...are they all control channels when there is no red ones?

West Orange, Troop A&B work fine but those above I cannot program. What am I doing wrong, anyone got any ideas?

N8IAA

I recently bought a RS Pro-197 and have programmed several trunk systems ok, but certain others I cannot program, i.e. Bayonne, Piscataway, Old Bridge and Verona. These systems are Motorola Smartnet, Motorola Type II Smartnet, and APCO-25 Phase 1 (FDMA.)

The Pro does not have serttings for the above mentioned radio trunking systems, so it is difficult to get them to work. Are there other settings that can be used or substituted? Also, in the frequencies provided by Radio Reference, some control channels are not in red as they describe them...are they all control channels when there is no red ones?

West Orange, Troop A&B work fine but those above I cannot program. What am I doing wrong, anyone got any ideas?

How are you programming the radio?
Larry

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
I recently bought a RS Pro-197 and have programmed several trunk systems ok, but certain others I cannot program, i.e. Bayonne,
You need to set the P25 TTable for this system CHhLo 8192 ChHi 12287 Base 470.0000 Offset 8192 Step 6.25 KHz
Piscataway,
Motorola TTable for this system is ChLo 380 ChHi 759 Base 500.2375 Offset 380 Step 25.0 KHz
Old Bridge
TSYS default is MOT 800/900 system
Set to EDACS STD and program the 5 freqs in LCN order as listed in database.
The Pro does not have serttings for the above mentioned radio trunking systems, so it is difficult to get them to work. Are there other settings that can be used or substituted?
Not sure of meaning.
Also, in the frequencies provided by Radio Reference, some control channels are not in red as they describe them...are they all control channels when there is no red ones?
EDACS might not have CC's listed.

West Orange,
EDACS STD and use all 4 freqs ikn LCN order as listed in database.
Troop A&B work fine but those above I cannot program. What am I doing wrong, anyone got any ideas?
Default MOT 800/900 TSYS

Last edited:

bob0101

larry, enter program, then new, then tgrp, tab down to tsys hit select, then enter all of the frequesncies in the order RR lists them. hit done, then save.

bob0101

bob0101

larry, do not use a software program, yet. am manually entering the trunk groups, etc.
bob0101

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Bob,

A programming shortcut for the 106/197/500/600 can be found using the wiki link below my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.