PROGRAMMING ISSUES BCT15X SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

LARRYREAVIS

I am having issues trying to program my bct15x scanner with a mot type ii p25 download from freescan. My scanner doesn't recognizes the programming i am entering . I have my scanner hooked up with a usb to a vga to the back of my scanner as my front port is screwed up. My scanner is a trunk tracking scanner so I don't know why my programming will not load. I have tried several times with no results. Can anybody out there help as i am a lost for what to do. Please reply to KEMOSOBEE@GMAIL.COM
I need the help

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am having issues trying to program my bct15x scanner with a mot type ii p25 download from freescan. My scanner doesn't recognizes the programming i am entering . I have my scanner hooked up with a usb to a vga to the back of my scanner as my front port is screwed up. My scanner is a trunk tracking scanner so I don't know why my programming will not load. I have tried several times with no results. Can anybody out there help as i am a lost for what to do. Please reply to KEMOSOBEE@GMAIL.COM
I need the help

The BCT15X is an analog only scanner. It can not monitor P25 or any other form of digital transmissions.

freqseeker

I need the help
Your scanner is analog only. I assume you are trying to program a Motorola P2 P25, if so that will require a digital scanner. There are Motorola Type 2 analog systems that your scanner will work on. We need to know what system to be sure.

majoco

Stirrer
...and it's a USB to RS232 adapter you need and if memory serves me correctly it is a reverse modem lead to the radio - I don't think there are many scanners that will display VGA.... :)

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I need the help
Is this the system you are trying to program?

That is a Motorola Type II system. But, look at this on the system's description:

That tells you that while it is a Type II system, some of the talkgroups use digital voice.

Look in the Mode column for the talkgroups.
If you see an A there, that is one your scanner could hear.
But only around twenty of the talkgroups on the system are flagged as A (analog).

The vast majority of the TGIDs are flagged as D, which denotes Digital, and as already noted, your BCT15X cannot decode digital transmissions.

I do see one tagged as DE, which denotes as being Digital, as well as Encrypted. A digital scanner would be able to monitor the digital, as well as analog, talkgroups on this system. But no scanner can monitor encrypted transmissions.

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing by your location you're trying to monitor the winston type ii system. According to the database (which was last updated in 2019) there are very few analog talkgroups on that system. If the database is still correct those will be the only talkgroups you'll be able to hear. To hear everything else you'll need at least a bcd996 or a gre psr 600. Any digital trunking scanner should do, but I'm not local so I can only go off what the database says.

Status
Not open for further replies.