Programming ITAC and TALK Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roach112683

I was wondering how to program the ITAC channels. The site lists them as conventional channels but the talk channels as project 25. How do I program these into my Pro-96? I tried setting the bak as conventional and the channels as FM but it doesn't work. What do I need to do?

Thanks

ecps92

ITAC Channels are Conventional and 156.7 Hz for the CTCSS, these are Nationwide Channels.

I was wondering how to program the ITAC channels. The site lists them as conventional channels but the talk channels as project 25. How do I program these into my Pro-96? I tried setting the bak as conventional and the channels as FM but it doesn't work. What do I need to do?

Thanks

ecps92

Maybe there is an open carrier ?? Is it hanging on the CTCSS of 156.7 Hz ? Which one channel does it hang on ?

well when I set it for conventional it hangs on one channel and doesn't scan them. What do I need to set the bank to conv or mot?

ecps92

Sounds like someone has an open microphone or you just suffer from a birdie on the channel.

a.) Take the antenna off the radio, does it still suffer the problem ? No? then Open Mic, lock it out for now
b.) Still have the open Mic? Birdie. Lock it out.

It hangs just on the ITAC 1

I have them all set for FM and Conv in the scanner so I don't know why it should not be scanning the bank.

Roach112683

I also have the bank listed as open should I list it as closed?

I always thought if it was "closed" that it would only search for talk group IDs and not conventional channels. All the channels when I tried what you said I had to end up locking out all the channels.

There must be something I am missing here

Roach112683

OK I'm going to see if this works. I programmed the ITAC and TalK Channels the same way as Ocean City is in my scanner because they also use conventional channels. Their system is set on EDACS so I set the ITCA and TALK channels to those to see what would work. It scans but there is no activity on them so I cannot know for sure if they work or not. Won't know till the weekly test of ITAC on sunday.

KB3JUV

You won't hear much activity on the ITAC's anyway. DSP does a weekly test on their assigned ITAC channel but other than that, thats all I know that is actually used on a weekly basis.

Roach112683

Yeah I know. The only reason I put it on was because we have had a series of thunderstorms in the area which have taken down the trunked system so I want to be prepared for the next one.

Roach112683

They ar enot set to trunked. They are conventional but if I keep them set to Conv and FM I get the hold on all the channels and it does not scan. I believe Ocen City's channels are the same way which are non-trunked conventional channels and they are set for EDACS on my scanner so that is what I set my ITAC and TALK for.

Status
Not open for further replies.