Programming Jersey City Trunk in ARC396

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I find this very confusing. The data base shows base frequencies of 450.000 with the step 12.5 for both base configurations. Offset 1 is 8192, Offset 2 is 12288. That's what downloads using the import feature from RR. However, when I try to save the data, ARC396 insists on changing the offset to 758 for both configurations. Will this work properly or is there a bug in the feature for UHF trunks? The trunk type is Motorola Type II UHF when I download.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Also, in ARCXT the RR database downloads the same system as an 800/900 standard. That doesn't seem right either. It seems that it should be custom, but then the upper frequencies don't see right.

Has anyone had experience programming this system with these programs/scanenrs?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If no one answers, it's likely you need to ask this in our NJ forum. That offset situation sounds really wierd.

73 Mike

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Change the system type in ARC396 to Motorola APCO25, the database lists offsets 8192/12288 and that confuses the software because no plans are required for P25 systems. In ARC-XT set system type to P25 Standard.

Gommert
Butel Software

garys

Premium Subscriber
Change the system type in ARC396 to Motorola APCO25, the database lists offsets 8192/12288 and that confuses the software because no plans are required for P25 systems. In ARC-XT set system type to P25 Standard.

Gommert
Butel Software

Thanks. The bit about not needing a band plan was the missing bit of information. Well, not missing, but I forgot about it. I think that came up with regards to rebanded Motorola 800 P25 systems as well.

What's the procedure for ARC250?

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I would clear it out but the scanner will only use it if Mot vhf or uhf is selected,

Gommert
Butel Software

I'm starting to get it. APCO P25 systems, even VHF or UHF ones don't need base, offset, and spacing since that's all set by the data stream. Of course it's more confusing because in the menu system on the scanner itself there are options for P25 800, P25 VHF, and P25 UHF. UHF and VHF ask for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.