Programming Large Systems Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

brusso99

Ok,

I have started to build my own programming file from radio reference database downloads for new 996xt.. I have some issues

1. I programmed in Florida Statewide the system is EDC and it has about twenty EDW for different counties. the problem is when i use the function scroll SELECT SYSTEM all the EDW's are on the list and not just the main System which is [EDC] 10 FL STATEWIDE.. Perhaps i am confused how that system works, does all the traffic go over all the sites and i need to lockout all but the closest too me??

Statewide Law Enforcement Radio System Trunking System, Statewide, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

I have the same issue with FPL

2. How do i set up Broward County Trunk, its 33 talk groups and several sites.. I want to split up the diferent departments anyway, do i program new systems with all the sites and frequencies and then just the talkgroups and replicate it for all the departments i want to seperate out? or is there a way to figure out what talk group is on what site)set of frequencies?

What i dont understand is if i program in multiple sites each with there own control channels and then i select a talk group like District 3 main and how do i know the scanner is on the right control channel or site?

Broward County Trunking System, Broward County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies LINK TO SYSTEM

I have attached my file as well.

Thanks
Brett

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not in Florida, but the answer to number 1 is easy - you cannot monitor SLERS with any scanner, even the new GRE and XT models. It uses a format that the scanners cannot recognize.

73 Mike

brusso99

I notice that i have this issue whenever there is a system with multiple sites... what is the correct way to deal with this, the sites apear on the scroll wheel list, I dont want to see ABC SYSTEM ---- MIAMI, DADE, XXX thanks

Brett

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you look at the 'system voice' field in this database entry ...

Florida Power and Light

it says 'analog', so yes, you can hear that...

You might do better in the Florida forum...lots of people will have their own 'solutions' to problems like this, and each might be different. 73 Mike

Last edited:

brusso99

thanks for the responses, the questions are still unanswered.. i provided everything the post critics said i was lacking in other requests but no answers... can i get some help on this please???

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As mentioned previously you might get better guidance in the Florida forum 73 and GL Mike

brusso99

Mike my question is not geographicly limited to Florida I don't think I need to repost it in other sections, all the reader has to do is substitute fpl for system like that and what they do to get it programmed. I'm my case there are two questions.

1 a system has a group of frequencies as in 40 city sites and then 8 or so talk groups do I only use the site closest to me and still get all the traffic? Because it's annoying to have all the sites marked as systems in the select site dialog.

2 I have a large trunk system with 33 tg that I want to split up but it has 20 control channels do I program all the control channels for each duplicate or do I need. To figure out which talk group is in which group of control channels?

You see it has nothing to do with Florida it's a programming question.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.