Programming LCN with Uniden/DSDPLUS/LCNCalc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Hi all,

Quick question and screenshot attached. I am having issues programming the correct LCN numbers into Sentinel through reported channel numbers in DSDPlus and using the LCN Calculator program

In the attached screenshot -

My Notepad++ entries for said location, including the high number of the CH reported through DSDPLUS (Site 5 is relevant here)

DSDPLUS is reporting 559/560 and 787/788 for these channels.

Sentinel is showing LCNs discovered from an LCN discovery - not manually entered. According to Frequency calculator and dsdplus - The LSN is 559/560, however the LCN that the scanner picked up , 279 is one channel lower (Frequency Calculator shows 279 LCN as CH 557/558, not 559/560 as DSDPlus reports.

The scanner has picked up the correct LCN, as I previously was unable to pick up voice on this system.

Any idea what I am doing wrong which is giving me a +1 LCN and LSN?

Attachments

• no idea..PNG
    no idea..PNG
    348.2 KB · Views: 41

thewraith2008

This probably comes down to how your scanner is numbering (LCN) the frequencies.
If it counts from 0 then this would create the -1 values you are seeing.
In this post I show what the standards mention about the numbering. (LCN 1-4095)
I don't know if your scanner does trunk following, but it would have to add 1 to it's LCN for it to work it would seem. (based on DSDPlus values)
Of course this is making the assumption that what DSDPlus is showing is right.

It looks like you would need to -2 LSN (or -1 LCN) from what DSDPlus or calculator shows before you use in your scanner.

Do the frequencies and LSNs you list in your DSDPlus.frequencies (for site 5) file work OK in DSDPlus ? (Does it follow calls to those frequencies)
  • 464.5500 (LSN 489, 490 - LCN 245) is the the CC ?
  • 464.9875 (LSN 559, 560 - LCN 280)
  • 466.4125 (LSN 787, 788 - LCN 394)
The LxN calculator can only calculate correct results if the Ref. frequency / Ref LxN (and RF Spacing = 12.5KHz here) are known true values.
So using what DSDPlus has returned to you i.e LSN 787, is this LSN 787 @ 466.4125 like you have defined in your DSDPlus.frequencies?

If it is, then using Ref. frequency = 466.4125 and Ref LSN = 787 with the calculator will return the same as what you have defined in your DSDPlus.frequencies.

Kazzaw

Database Admin
Do the frequencies and LSNs you list in your DSDPlus.frequencies (for site 5) file work OK in DSDPlus ? (Does it follow calls to those frequencies)

Yes, this is what Dsdplus reported and once matching the active frequencies (by what was on screen and licensing for the particular site), Dsdplus is able to follow frequencies on this site.

Programming into the scanner (USDS100) direct from LCN finder by going off a previous site info gives me silence. Dropping the LCN -1 (LSN -2) gives me the same result as the scanner finds running it's own LCN finder through analyzing.

dazza0768

It's weird, I have the same issues.
Our spectrum licensing website here shows us a channel number which I believe is the LCN and 2 numbers which I believe to be the LSNs. DSD+ give me one LSN higher than what the license register says it is...however if i input the LCN and its frequency into the calculator everything lines up except for the LSN which is still one over what it is. Perhaps DSD+ is doing something weird in the way it does its thing because the LSN it shows me works but it is one over from what govt register records say it should be.

The spectrum I'm talking about is 406.000mhz to 420.000mhz. Our base tax starts at 414.0125 approx but the calculator says the base frequency is 413.9####....but the frequencies and LCNs line up...but not the LSN.

Is DSD+ wrong? Is the calculator wrong? Is the government spectrum register wrong?

Kazzaw

Database Admin
No one is wrong as per say, just uniden scanners begin their LCN with a 0, not a 1 which pushes the LCN back 1.

Easiest way as recommended is to program up a site, use the LCN finder to get one hit and program from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.