Programming LMRN into a BCD 436HP

jasoyeom

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me for asking but how do I program in the LMRN into my 436HP? Do I just add a P25 with TDMA system and add the frequencies?

jasoyeom

Premium Subscriber
I have it downloaded and scanning but I'm not getting any hits or traffic. I would expect to get something and see some radio id's at least.

gary123

Sit on the encrypted TG. The scanner will normally ignore encrypted TG activity.

EJB

20 + year membership
A lot of people have had trouble programming the LMRN to even have audio on MTO. I can see the activity on 436 and 325 as well as the sds100.

I've pretty much given up on scanning lately. Why do anything to monitor a system when you won't hear anything?

I understand some of us want to figure out the RID's and new talkgroups and use software to confirm and figure it out. It's a sad consolation prize

gary123

I am using a 536 and it's scanning the system fine. Pay attention to post 5. If your truly stuck I can screen capture the system parameters I am using. My general editing go to is Butel but I can capture the codeplug from Sentinel.

jasoyeom

Premium Subscriber
I programmed LMRN via Sentinel and it seems to scan ok but not getting any radio id's when I sit on the Simcoe AMB TG.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
I programmed LMRN via Sentinel and it seems to scan ok but not getting any radio id's when I sit on the Simcoe AMB TG.
It sounds like you are scanning and receiving transmissions on the Simcoe AMB talkgroup successfully, but you are not seeing radio id's on the display? If this is the case, have you enabled Unit ID Display Mode? This setting is required to display the Unit ID (Radio ID).

On the 536HP:
Menu -> Display Options -> Display. Unit ID -> On​
This setting should also available in sentinel in the Display Options of the profile editor.

And to confirm - you are getting hits and receiving transmissions on the Simcoe AMB talkgroup?

gary123

The 436 will auto mute the encrypted transmissions. It will also not switch to the voice frequencies. If you want to follow the RID's etc then you have to 'hold' on the TG. If you do that, it will switch to the voice frequencies and display the RID's. The scanner will still remain muted.

EJB

20 + year membership
I got a message from a tow guy I know telling me that there were switchovers to LMRN. I turned on both 436 and SDS100 and low and behold I am now hearing the MTO Patrols working and audible

I didn't make any changes, I didn't have UNITRUNKER working either.

Now the LMRN control channel for Hamilton is 142.350, just like FleetNet .
If it works don't break it I guess. Strange.....stuff

When scanning I can hear the encrypted audio sometimes.
Me 2, only on the 436, every now and then, the MOH and a few talkgroups that look like the OPP

gary123

I have my 536 configured with some User Ids. this gives me a little more info on who is talking even though we cannot hear them.