Programming MHP Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope someone can help me. When programming MHP frequencies should I also be programming in the repeater frequencies as well ? And also if anyone has the most recent up to date list of MHP frequencies I would appreciate any it greatly.

Thanks,
Mark
FastEddieRides

ksmoscanner

Most of the time you will not hear much on them from KC with the exception of 456.75 for Polo and Urich and 460.475 for Hughesville. At night sometimes the other ones are audible while the band is open. Also Aquila uses a couple of them as inputs in the KC area so you might also hear them as well. I have them all in and they dont cause enough problems to lock out yet.....Just the other night I heard quite a few of the Troop H repeaters at great levels for a couple hours before it faded so its a good idea to keep them in especially if you are mobile in the state a lot.

If you live outside of town on the Mo side you might have better luck than those of us in the city.

Good Luck!

Gregg in KC

kb0nhx

MHP UHF repeaters

I would highly reccomend programming all the UHF repeater frequencies--especially if you do any travelling. However, keep in mind that the patrol uses UHF yagi's to beam the signal from the remote receiver site back to the troop headquarters--and they usually just use 15 to 25 watts unless more is needed (capeable of 100 watts). I would reccomend the following repeaters in the KC area:

for the Metro channel, dispatching on 42.060:

Platte City on 465.1875, PL 162.2 Hz
There used to be a metro repeater in Odessa as well, but that audio is now piped back to HQ by telephone line and no longer available over the air.

For the Rural channel, dispatching on 42.380:

Odessa on 456.475, PL 162.2 Hz
Urich on 456.750, PL 162.2 Hz
Hughesville on 460.475, PL 162.2

On another note, the main "rural" transmitter is located at Troop HQ in Lee's Summit, on 42.380. They also use remote transmitters on 42.380 in Warsaw and Marshall. For the Metro Channel, on 42.060, the transmitter is located near the ballparks on I-70. All base stations use 186.2 Hz PL for the time being.

I've found that by programming the PL tone in, you will alleviate all the interference from SMRS

Status
Not open for further replies.