programming MPSCS channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmh603

I have a BCD536 Uniden scanner. When I hit append, in the MPSCS database it adds the channels I selected. How do I add the 700mhz towers? Does the program know which tower to add? I have no idea which towers to add? I am on the boarder of 3 counties... Kent, Montcalm and Newaygo. Is there a map of all the towers? If I travel how will I know which tower to add? Anyone have a list which includes cities and counties the towers are in? The Frequencies are nice, they include cities and are sorted by counties any chance of having the towers the way?

Anyone good with Fire Departments, I would like my favorite list looked over to make sure I did right?

Thank You

a29zuk

Go back to this post in the Michigan Forums. It's a map of Michigan with all of the sites. Combine the RFSS ans site numbers in the database to get the three digit site number on the map.

07-21-2014, 7:36 PM

a29zuk

Here is an update of the map with site 340:
Attached Images
MPSCS_site_map2.pdf (540.5 KB, 103 views)

kmh603

I see you have a .pdf file with sites. It will not let me download it? Can you PM me? Or is there a link with that file?

Thanks for the reply.

kmh603

I went back and found the site map. Question How do I know the name of the site ( which is listed in the database) with the maps site numbers?

Thanks for the site map

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
If you click on the site name in the database, it will show you an approximate coverage map for that site. You can see by looking at that map what parts of a county (or counties) that site covers. The site name is generally (not always) the name of the town closest to that site.

The site numbers on the map correspond to the site numbers in the database.

Last edited:

a29zuk

As I stated in the first post, combine the RFSS # and the site # for the three digit number(i.e. the Dimondale tower RFSS 1, site 001 = 101). When I started this map a few years back the database had only a three digit number for the site. I have edited it many times since, when towers were added, but left the three digit number to keep from cluttering the map up. I also didn't want to go to a smaller font.

You can also click on the name of the tower in the database and it will show a google map of its location.

Jim

a29zuk

If you click on the site name in the database, it will show you an approximate coverage map for that site. You can see by looking at that map what parts of a county (or counties) that site covers. The site name is generally (not always) the name of the town closest to that site.

Sorry DrDispatch....we must have been posting at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.