Programming multiple sites with LWIN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdunning

I am using a PRO-106 to monitor most of the NOPD, JPSO, and Kenner talk groups. I live in Kenner just outside of New Orleans and have three LWIN sites close to me - KENNER, N SIMULCAST and PAN AM - from which I can monitor all the talkgroups. The reception I get from N SIMULCAST and PAN AM are not always the best, so while at home, I opt to use the KENNER site and program the control and alternate control channels for the KENNER site and get very good results. Though when I go mobile and drive in to the city of New Orleans itself, the signal for the KENNER site obviously gets weaker, so I instead switch to the N SIMULCAST or PAN AM.

I have all three sites setup as three separate Talkgroup Systems, and then ten or so talk groups linked to each of the three sites (essentially 30 talkgroups). Each group is set up as a separate scan list. For example, the Kenner site is setup as scanlist 1, N Simulcast as 2, Pan Am as 3, etc. I am sure there is a better, more "economical" way of being able to connect to all three sites to monitor those ten or so talkgroups, but I just haven't figured it out yet.

One of my main questions is with the sites and their control channels. Would it work better if I created one Talkgroup System and then programmed that System with the control and alternate control frequencies for all three sites? (There would be ten control/alternate control channels total for all three sites.) If programmed this way, would the scanner choose the site to use based on signal strength?

Thanks for your time!

shew

yes...i have a system setup for all the control channels for lwin and i find it finds the closest cc and goes from there....

Gregg251

Premium Subscriber
Programming LWIN talk groups

I'm going to NOLA next week and am using the Win96 software to program my Pro-96 scanner. When downloading LWIN talk groups, I keep getting error messages because the talk group number is too high/contains too many digits (e.g. talk group "25555" and I get message that only talk groups of up to 2047 are acceptable). Is this a HEX/DEC issue? I'm not really familiar with that because my systems here in NC program well with a simple download.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gregg, N2UUP

Status
Not open for further replies.