Programming my BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptCharlie

OK, Hello all please forgive my ignorance, my scanner went down with a constant SD card error back in June or July, been so busy put it on back burner. My computer would not even recognize card in reader, bought a 32GIG card (you cant find small GIG cards in any box stores except online.) I figured out the Sentinel and downloaded it and programmed new card with DB and anything else. Plugged it in did Zip location and works GR8. When I bought my scanner from Bearcat warehouse they programmed it to my area which is Boca Raton PD (I posted already in Florida scanners radio Reference and was told to come here.) when I lost my old SD card I could not save anything off it. Since I have been down I read Boca Raton PD has gone to a encrypted system. I believe the manual is very confusing for the BCD536 HP, from what I have been reading or researching my scanner should decode the new P25, phase two encrypted system. I don't even know if Im saying it right but believe you experts will be able to give some insight. I read Boca Pd is on LE COMM6 AND FD IS ON FRCOMM2, THEN I'm reading about talk groups or TGRPS. COULD ANYONE explain scanners for dummies for me. Can I even get my BRPD on a 536? I have lived in my house for over 25 years and live in nice middle class neighborhood but recently having problems with neighbors behind selling and doing drugs in a rental house and I am calling PD on regular basis. Got this file off Radio reference Florida, don't have a clue how to program these. Thx all, hope Im posting in right forum.

Attachments

• Boca Raton P25.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 3

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
from what I have been reading or researching my scanner should decode the new P25, phase two encrypted system. I don't even know if Im saying it right but believe you experts will be able to give some insight.

If the system you are trying to receive is encrypted, you won't be able to monitor it. There are no scanners made - past, present, or future - that can monitor encrypted transmissions. It is illegal to do so.

hardt0303

Boca PD is encrypted as fxdscon said you will not be able to listen to them, but by looking at the database you should be able to still hear the fire. You can set up a favorites list using sentinel and then download it to the database. Highlight the talk-group you want, right click, append to favorites, name the favorites list, and your done. Once you do that and scanner is plugged into the PC and in Mass Storage, click download.

Status
Not open for further replies.