Programming my Pro-197?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
I downloaded the WIN500 software for my Pro-197 and it seems to work great!!! I also was able to get Palm Beach County,Fl rebanded trunked system to work correctly via the software. But I have 3 questions?

Question 1 - I notice that when my RS Pro-197 and my RS Pro-164 are side by side my 197 while miss the first half a second of transmission. Especially if the dispatcher or unit are making a quick transmission. I catch it because I can hear it on the 164. Is there something I can tweak (possibly in the WIN500 software) that will fix that???

Question 2 - I want to utilize the preloaded v-folders for different things. More specifically I live in South Florida so I will keep folder 20 as West Palm Beach and load up only police related talkgroups. I was then going to change folder 19 from Polk county to West Palm Beach as well but load up all the government talkgroups. I was gonna do the same to Palm Beach County. In folder 18 I was gonna load up just Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and in folder 17 I was going to change it to Palm Beach County and load up just the police related talkgroups. I figured that way instead of locking out all the police talkgroups if I just wanted to listen to fire, I can just deselect the folder alltogether. Will that plan work or am I making to much work for myself????

Question 3 - Boca Raton, Boynton Beach & Delray Beach all use Palm Beach Counties trunked system but unlike the county, their talkgroups are digital. Is there anything I have to do differently to the scanner when I load those up in there own v-folders?

TAK21

On 2 and 3, you would be probably be better off using Scan Lists instead of V Folders. You can quickly turn Scan Lists off and on like you are talking about and use them in any combination. You can also have talk groups in multiple Scan Lists.

V Folders can only be used 1 at a time. You have to load the contents of a V Folder into the the working memory. When you do that it overwrites the current working configuration so you have to make sure the current one gets backed up to another V folder first.

V folders are better for keep completely different scanner configurations separately. They are like multiple scanners on one piece of hardware. This is good for example if you travel around and want to have a completely different configuration for each city you visit.

Last edited:

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Missing transmissions

I would set the 197 talk groups to analog and not auto. In auto it has to decide if the transmission is analog or digital. Try switching it to analog and see if the two radios perform closer together or not.

Just a thought.

Les

I downloaded the WIN500 software for my Pro-197 and it seems to work great!!! I also was able to get Palm Beach County,Fl rebanded trunked system to work correctly via the software. But I have 3 questions?

Question 1 - I notice that when my RS Pro-197 and my RS Pro-164 are side by side my 197 while miss the first half a second of transmission. Especially if the dispatcher or unit are making a quick transmission. I catch it because I can hear it on the 164. Is there something I can tweak (possibly in the WIN500 software) that will fix that???

Question 2 - I want to utilize the preloaded v-folders for different things. More specifically I live in South Florida so I will keep folder 20 as West Palm Beach and load up only police related talkgroups. I was then going to change folder 19 from Polk county to West Palm Beach as well but load up all the government talkgroups. I was gonna do the same to Palm Beach County. In folder 18 I was gonna load up just Palm Beach County Fire Rescue and in folder 17 I was going to change it to Palm Beach County and load up just the police related talkgroups. I figured that way instead of locking out all the police talkgroups if I just wanted to listen to fire, I can just deselect the folder alltogether. Will that plan work or am I making to much work for myself????

Question 3 - Boca Raton, Boynton Beach & Delray Beach all use Palm Beach Counties trunked system but unlike the county, their talkgroups are digital. Is there anything I have to do differently to the scanner when I load those up in there own v-folders?

spdfile1

/\/\ Junkie
On 2 and 3, you would be probably be better off using Scan Lists instead of V Folders. You can quickly turn Scan Lists off and on like you are talking about and use them in any combination. You can also have talk groups in multiple Scan Lists.

V Folders can only be used 1 at a time. You have to load the contents of a V Folder into the the working memory. When you do that it overwrites the current working configuration so you have to make sure the current one gets backed up to another V folder first.

V folders are better for keep completely different scanner configurations separately. They are like multiple scanners on one piece of hardware. This is good for example if you travel around and want to have a completely different configuration for each city you visit.

I think I misspoke. I have the South Florida V-Folder loaded. In it are the 20 scan lists which is what I will be changing. I think thats right.

Status
Not open for further replies.