programming my uniden handheld scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

gold20

iam trying to get the frequency for the 3rd precinct and the bayshore/brentwood fd in suffolk county new york iam not sure which band setting i need on the scanner..retired law enforcement..need to stay in touch with whats going on around me

DJ88

Bayshore & Brentwood Fire Departments use conventional frequencies. The information is located here:
Suffolk County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Just program the Countywide Fire Dispatch frequency and the frequencies for both departments and you'll be good to go.

The Police Precincts are on the Suffolk County Trunk System. The information is located here:
Suffolk County, New York (NY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
You need to tell us what scanner you are trying to program. The system is Motorola Type 2 800 and uses both analog and P25 digital voice so you will need a digital scanner in order to receive the P25 digital voice transmissions. As for a band plan, none is required for this type of system for scanners issued prior to the BCD396XT and 996XT. Just program the system type, frequencies, and talk groups. As for the two models I mentioned, I don't know if a band plan is required for them as I don't have either. Maybe someone who has either or both of these models can confirm.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I doubt that a special bandplan would be needed for the Suffolk system. Even the 396T and 996T could handle this system without much difficulty.

However, both Bayshore and Brentwood appear to be using conventional frequencies, according to the database, so it might not be necessary to even program the Suffolk trunk if that's all that is needed. However, a couple of questions in the NY forum as to whether they have migrated to the trunk system is in order.

73 Mike

Last edited:

DJ88

I doubt that a special bandplan would be needed for the Suffolk system. Even the 396T and 996T could handle this system without much difficulty.

However, both Bayshore and Brentwood appear to be using conventional frequencies, according to the database, so it might not be necessary to even program the Suffolk trunk if that's all that is needed. However, a couple of questions in the NY forum as to whether they have migrated to the trunk system is in order.

73 Mike

With regard to the bandplan, I stated in my post that one wouldn't be needed for the 396T and 996T models, but I wasn't sure if the XT models require one. At this point, we don't know what model he has. And, with regard to the Suffolk County TRS, he stated that he also wants to monitor the 3rd Precinct (Police) and they are on the County Trunk System.

Status
Not open for further replies.