Programming NC shp for Fayetteville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
Programming NC shp for Fayetteville? To listen to NC shp for the Fayetteville area do I need to program all talk groups under NCSHP Troop B Fayetteville Talkgroups? I see talk groups for other counties but wouldn't I have to program the frequencies for those counties also? I have never programmed SHP because a wasn't sure how. So any help would be great . Thanks.

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber

Troop B District 1 (Cumberland County) is the specific talkgroup that you would need for Fayetteville but I usually monitor all of the talkgroups for the troop because you can hear the neighboring counties and they use the common 1 & common 2 talkgroups for major incidents going on within the troop.

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
Troop B District 1 (Cumberland County) is the specific talkgroup that you would need for Fayetteville but I usually monitor all of the talkgroups for the troop because you can hear the neighboring counties and they use the common 1 & common 2 talkgroups for major incidents going on within the troop.
Ok so program the troop B talk groups and all I need is the frequencies for the cumberland county sites right?

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
Ok so program the troop B talk groups and all I need is the frequencies for the cumberland county sites right?

That's correct. If you are in Fayetteville just program the Cumberland county sites and troop b talkgroups. All of the Cumberland county troopers have call signs beginning with B-1XX. Example, B-101 would be a Cumberland county trooper.

Last edited:

sunnydog1

Premium Subscriber
That's correct. If you are in Fayetteville just program the Cumberland county sites and troop b talkgroups. All of the Cumberland county troopers have call signs beginning with B-1XX. Example, B-101 would be a Cumberland county trooper.
I got family in law enforcement and the fire department so its nice to know whats going on around the county. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.