Programming NJ Transit System and 996XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hello...

I need an expert here. I am puzzled, I am trying to program the NJ Transit trunking system into my Uniden 996xt scanner. For some reason when I type in the HEX talk groups such as 101-01 it will not take them says bad ID but the radio is taking the type 2 talk groups with no problem can anyone advise what I am doing wrong does this need to be done via the software and not by hand ? if someone can help this would be very much appreciated.

Tony M.

Highpockets

Hello...

I need an expert here. I am puzzled, I am trying to program the NJ Transit trunking system into my Uniden 996xt scanner. For some reason when I type in the HEX talk groups such as 101-01 it will not take them says bad ID but the radio is taking the type 2 talk groups with no problem can anyone advise what I am doing wrong does this need to be done via the software and not by hand ? if someone can help this would be very much appreciated.

Tony M.

I gunna guess here, that system is a Hybrid System, wouldn't you need a Fleet Map?

mondaro

Feed Provider
Are you correct I am using custom map number 4 same as the older version of the 996 and the BC 15 but still having problems, I figured if someone out there has it in a 996xt I can dupicate it. Thanks for your feed back. .

Tony

Last edited:

Highpockets

Are you correct I am using custom map number 4 same as the older version of the 996 and the BC 15 but still having problems, I figured if someone out there has it in a 99xt I can dupicate it. Thanks for your feed back. .

Tony

I John's NJSP guide he has a note in there some place about that system, he also has the Fleet Map needed. I'm sure you have a link to his guide.

mondaro

Feed Provider
Do you have the NJ Transit system in your 996xt radio in Toms River ? But then again if you did you could tell me how to solve my problem.

mondaro

Feed Provider
The solution was programming the system as type 2 and programing the fleet map.
Radio is good to go thanks for the help.

Tony

Danny6569

NJ transit

I put the system in my 396 xt also just to try it out, i just downloaded it through freescan, it was kinda hard to find at first doing it that way because i didnt know what county to use, so i looked around and the south system was in burlington county, and the north system was in passaic county, im getting the system id numbers come up as BB31h, but as far as the fleet map goes i just copied scotts numbers into the edit fleet map part before i uploaded it to my scanner, the fleet map numbers were a custom setting and the numbers are 43002200, i did it that way and i heard a few things earlier, well see how it works later on i guess.

W2SJW

Database Admin
The solution was programming the system as type 2 and programing the fleet map.
Radio is good to go thanks for the help.

Tony
In FreeScan, setting a system to type-II removes the ability to edit the fleet map. Are you sure that's how you got it working? :confused:

mondaro

Feed Provider
In FreeScan, setting a system to type-II removes the ability to edit the fleet map. Are you sure that's how you got it working? :confused:

Hi Scott...

I programmed my radio manually, Having no issue here. I seldom use free scan for direct programming, Free Scan is a great program however to find the upper freqs for the 996xt required by some trunked systems.

Have a nice weekend.

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.