Programming NXDN into TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Today I received my "refurbished" TRX-1 from Whistler today, and, as Brian in customer service advised, it is "like new"!
So, far everything all the frequencies I've programmed into the scanner, CONV, DMR, and P25, all work well. However, I've never programmed a NXDN frequency, and I'm not sure I've done so correctly, especially as I've not yet received anything. The frequency is 460.06250 and I have programmed it as one-channel CONV NXDN. The squelch shows the following: RAN: * tg: * Can anyone advise if this appears correct or not. Any suggestions or help is appreciated and thanks in advance.
jimg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes that appears to be correct, provided it is a conventional channel. If it is a trunked system you will need to enter all the channels as trunked system, not just the control channel.

Screenshot 2020-08-29 22.19.07 (2).png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Can you advise what the other settings should be, such as DG Mode, Rx Mode, Sq Mode?
jimg

If you add it exactly as the screen shot attached above (except for freq and alpha tag) it will set up the channel as it needs to be.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
OK and thanks for your prompt response. I'm still not receiving anything. I'll try and do some further research as this is a new frequency--it may not be in operation yet.
jimg

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I'll try and do some further research as this is a new frequency--it may not be in operation yet.
jimg

I had a local college that was licensed as DMR for nearly two years before they actually made the switch from analog.

DJ11DLN

I had a local college that was licensed as DMR for nearly two years before they actually made the switch from analog.
I have the same thing on several business licenses local to me, they've had DMR or NXDN endorsements for years and are still strictly analog. I think one has to take these things with a pretty big grain of salt...like the 50 lb ones I put out for the cows to lick.

Ubbe

Program any frequencies you would like to check if they are active as analog conventional. Then when you hear data noise on the frequency you'll know that it has become active and can program as digital with different parameters until it works. No point in trying to figure out how to program it if it doesn't send out any data signalling, either due to the user not having put the equipment on air or it's out of range.

/Ubbe

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Program any frequencies you would like to check if they are active as analog conventional. Then when you hear data noise on the frequency you'll know that it has become active and can program as digital with different parameters until it works. No point in trying to figure out how to program it if it doesn't send out any data signalling, either due to the user not having put the equipment on air or it's out of range.

/Ubbe

I found out that the frequency is active and NXDN and was able to monitor it. My problem, as you noted above, I was "out of range."
Thanks everyone for your help.
jimg

Status
Not open for further replies.