Programming Ohio County help

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller818

Okay, trying to program Ohio county's P25 system with Win500. When imported it says that one of the channels does not match the band plan.

I was thinking with it being a P25 system I wouldn't need anything that the scanner would just track the CC.

So, what do I need to do with this system.

Also, to program Wheeling's TRS, what rebanded setup needs to be used? Do I just select "800Mhz Rebanded" in Win500? Or do I need one at all, or a custom one?

Finally, for the statewide system, should it import from the database into Win500 work or will some special setup be needed?

Thanks

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I had the same problem with my Win500. I updated my Win500 (a new version was released yesterday off of Software for RadioShack PRO-series (PRO-92, 93, 95, 96, 97, 99, 163, 164, 106, 197) and GRE PSR-series (PSR-500, 600, 300, 400) scanners ). The system imports fine now.

You might want to check it out.

I'm not sure any custom trunking table is needed for a PSR-500/600 or PRO-106/197 though. It's a P25 system and it rovides the trunking table in the CC datastream. If I program the system as P25 auto it works fine, no bandplan needed.

But, for the sake of importing, update your Win500 and then try to import it.

If it does import for you, please let us know if it properly tracks the system with that custom bandplan in there.

Mike

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Okay, trying to program Ohio county's P25 system with Win500. When imported it says that one of the channels does not match the band plan.

I was thinking with it being a P25 system I wouldn't need anything that the scanner would just track the CC.

So, what do I need to do with this system.

Also, to program Wheeling's TRS, what rebanded setup needs to be used? Do I just select "800Mhz Rebanded" in Win500? Or do I need one at all, or a custom one?

Finally, for the statewide system, should it import from the database into Win500 work or will some special setup be needed?

Thanks
Ohio County select CC's and don't worry about Win500 note, continue the import. Insure P25 Auto is set for the TSYS.

Wheeling select rebanded as you note but insure you've also set the new CC's. This may be easier in Win500 by selecting the Frequency dialog for the TSYS.

rmiller818

Awesome, thanks for the info.

I was thinking by setting it to P25 Auto nothing else would be needed. Unfortunately I cannot try it out as I am in Georgia and programing this for someone.

New CC and rebanded plan for Wheeling is a can do, thanks for confirming that for me (haven't had to program one yet)

Edit: Tried the new version of Win500 and did not get the error, still going to change it to P25 Auto.

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Edit: Tried the new version of Win500 and did not get the error, still going to change it to P25 Auto.

Good news on both parts. There shouldn't be any troubles when it is put into use.

Mike

PS: The only thing that the user _may_ experience is simulcast distortion - depending upon where you are in or around Ohio Co, the simulcast distortion can make it rough to monitor. Hopefully whomever you are programming this for will not experience that from his/her location

rmiller818

Good news on both parts. There shouldn't be any troubles when it is put into use.

Mike

PS: The only thing that the user _may_ experience is simulcast distortion - depending upon where you are in or around Ohio Co, the simulcast distortion can make it rough to monitor. Hopefully whomever you are programming this for will not experience that from his/her location

Yea, I deal with that here in Georgia, I think he is in the city of Wheeling and I see a repeater there so hopefully it will work well for him.

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.