Programming P-25 Phase II Trunking on Uniden 996T

Status
Not open for further replies.

acurtis44

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to program the "ICIS Digital Trunked" system on a new Uniden 996T. I have always owned and programmed Radio Shack scanners, so I am not very familiar with the Uniden. On my Radio Shack Pro-106, I am picking up the ICIS system crystal clear. The new ICIS system is on a "P-25 Motorola Type II SmartZone" system. On the 106, I simply input the (7) frequencies/control channels, and set the system as "P-25 AUTO" mode, and the very complex bandplans are automatically created, and begins trunking immediately.

(I am able to pick up their older "Phase I" system perfectly fine)

I have tried creating a new system on the Uniden, and set as "P-25" mode, in both "standard" and "one freq". I have entered the talkgroup in the "GROUP" menu. Neither of these work.

There seems to be more programming/setting options for the Uniden, than there is on the Pro-106. Is there another setting(s) that I need to change for this kind of radio system?

To be more precise, I am trying to Program Pomona PD's Dispatch channel, and Verdugo Fire's new Phase II system.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
The BCD996T cannot receive Phase II. Don't confuse Phase II with Type II. Motorola Type II Smartnet is an analog system not P-25. Some use Digital Voice (APCO-25 Common Air Interface). Program it as an analog system.

Last edited:

acurtis44

Premium Subscriber
That's what I was afraid of. Thank you.

So basically Radio Shack's Pro-106 and the Pro-197 are the only scanner's capable of receiving the Phase II system? ... Just to clarify.

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber

So basically Radio Shack's Pro-106 and the Pro-197 are the only scanner's capable of receiving the Phase II system? ... Just to clarify.

Well, there's several Uniden models now that are Phase II, namely:

BCD436HP, BCD536HP, BCD996P2, BCD325P2, and the Home Patrol 2. Whistler has some newer models as well that are Phase II.

mciupa

Database Admin
Doesn't appear to be Phase II from the database entry:

Code:
System Name: Interagency Communications Interoperability System (ICIS): Project 25 
County: Los Angeles 
System Type: [B][COLOR="Red"]Project 25 Phase I [/COLOR][/B]System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

CWIRS is Phase II and LA-RICS is as well. Are your departments shifting over there?

Last edited:

N8IAA

I am trying to program the "ICIS Digital Trunked" system on a new Uniden 996T. I have always owned and programmed Radio Shack scanners, so I am not very familiar with the Uniden. On my Radio Shack Pro-106, I am picking up the ICIS system crystal clear. The new ICIS system is on a "P-25 Motorola Type II SmartZone" system. On the 106, I simply input the (7) frequencies/control channels, and set the system as "P-25 AUTO" mode, and the very complex bandplans are automatically created, and begins trunking immediately.

(I am able to pick up their older "Phase I" system perfectly fine)

I have tried creating a new system on the Uniden, and set as "P-25" mode, in both "standard" and "one freq". I have entered the talkgroup in the "GROUP" menu. Neither of these work.

There seems to be more programming/setting options for the Uniden, than there is on the Pro-106. Is there another setting(s) that I need to change for this kind of radio system?

To be more precise, I am trying to Program Pomona PD's Dispatch channel, and Verdugo Fire's new Phase II system.

All of what you want to listen too, regardless of showing Phase II, are using Phase I TGID's. There is 'D' under the mode column, not a 'T' which would indicate TDMA Phase II TGIID's.
The radios you have will hear those systems.
Larry

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber

pro 197 will not receive phase 2. i love mine, however. not pretty screen like some of the unidens, but an awesome receiver that kicks their butts from my testing.

Voyager

As IAA said, if the TGs are not using Phase II modulation, the 197 will receive it even thought the system is "Phase-II capable".

Status
Not open for further replies.