Programming P25 System in BCD396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb77

Hello all,

I just bought a BCD396XT since my county is moving to a P25 Phase I system for fire and EMS. However, the manual and all resources I've been able to locate through Google and searching on RR have been vague in describing the programming of some types of trunked systems.

I figured out EDACS and LTR pretty easily, but P25 and Motorola systems have me stumped. Here is the system I want to program: Mercer County Emergency Management Radio System Trunking System, Mercer County, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

Can someone provide an explanation of how to do this properly? I see a "frequency table" in the notes, which I'm guessing corresponds to a "band plan" in the scanner. But I can also enter frequencies individually. Do I just put in the control frequencies and then use the "frequency table" for audio frequencies?

Thanks!

jetskiman98

Your best bet is looking into getting software to program the scanner. I use ARCxt for mine and love it. For $40 you can't go wrong. Although i'm kinda wishing I sprung for the PRO version now. I download the programming right from the RR database here and then tweak it to my liking. I've never programmed a trunk system from the keypad.

ARC XT software for Uniden BCD396XT BC346XT BCD996XT BCT15XT models scanner free demo

As for the Mercer P25 system, it is still being set up and the info in the RR database is not nearly close to what it will be fully capable of. Right now the system is being tested by the manufactor and there is not much activity on it. In fact the most active talkgroup (10) isn't even in the database. If you do get it programmed, I recomend keeping the scanner in ID SEARCH mode so ALL activity pops up. You'll know when it goes live for real and can then pick and choose the talkgroups you want to hear.

teufler

MERCER CTY FILES

This is a freescan 2.16a file. I assume you have the cable that came with the 396xt. You either have the usb cable, or a computer with a serial port or you have a usb serial convertor. The file is all the activity for mercer cty. You will need a unzip utility, there are several on the internet that are free. 7-zip is one that i use.
P.s. I'm not shouting, because i am using all caps, just i have had a stroke and the right hand and arm , basically the right side does not work. Its hard to go to uppercase and lower case. So i type all with the left hand.

Attachments

• mercer cty.zip
    5.1 KB · Views: 80

teufler

Oh, i left all the trunking sites in search mode rather than id scan so if anything new pops up, you are covered. Arc software is good, as is proscan and freescan. Freescan is free so i sent the file with what you can get on the air quickly with. Each of the software programs has certain features that are alittle unique.

SpockVulcan

Premium Subscriber
This is a freescan 2.16a file. I assume you have the cable that came with the 396xt. You either have the usb cable, or a computer with a serial port or you have a usb serial convertor. The file is all the activity for mercer cty. You will need a unzip utility, there are several on the internet that are free. 7-zip is one that i use.
P.s. I'm not shouting, because i am using all caps, just i have had a stroke and the right hand and arm , basically the right side does not work. Its hard to go to uppercase and lower case. So i type all with the left hand.

Echoing this. I use freescan regularly and love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.