Programming PRO-106 for rebanded P25 systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyFerret

Hi all!
I turned on my scanner (PRO-106) last night to find that I could no longer receive the Delaware County (COIRS) system.
I suspected that they might have made some changes, so I sat down tonight to investigate. I found out that the system had rebanded.

I updated my control channels based on the new information in the RR database. Although that fixed the first problem, my radio doesn't seem to be finding the voice channels properly. It locks onto a talkgroup, but I get no audio on the channel. I noticed that the voice frequency that it tunes to is not listed on the system info page in the RR DB, leading me to believe that I'm still dealing with rebanding issues.

The way I understand it, based on this wiki page, P25 systems are supposed to decode the trunk tables from the control channel data rather than from a trunking table stored in the radio. Is that incorrect?

I did try to load the rebanded trunk tables using the ARC500 software, but that didn't seem to fix the problem either. That didn't surprise me too much, as I think that the trunk tables are only for Motorola type II systems. I'm a little stumped.

Is there something different that I need to do to configure the rebanding on a P25 system?

In another thread, somebody stated that they used the following information to reprogram their Undien scanner for the system.
"Their band plan is Position 0, Frequency 851.00625, Spacing 6.250."

How does this translate into the ARC500 user interface to program my PRO-106? I have a feeling that there is some screen in ARC500 that I have yet to find.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer!
-SF

shadcall

In ARC 500 make sure the column labeled TTABLES says "custom" and not default. You can also edit the tables by clicking that table in the Edit TTABLES column. It has to be set to custom or splinter in order to edit. However just now when I downloaded CORIS to ARC 500 it indicated that the system had not been rebanded. This is confirmed by the Radio Reference database as well. It might be possible that the control channel has changed. I know where I live the system went silent a while back but they had added a brand new control channel that was not in the database until someone figured it out and provided that information. Once that information was known and programmed into our scanners it worked just fine.

SlyFerret

This is really strange, but it suddenly started working.

I gave up earlier and decided i would come back to it later. I flashed my config back to the radio for what I thought "should" be a working configuration. P-25 Auto, Default TTables (for P25, TTables should be auto-discovered, I think).

I left the scanner on on my desk while I was working on some other stuff. 45 minutes later, I had forgotten that I left it on. Suddenly, I started getting Delaware Sheriff and PD coms.

I don't get it. Does anyone know if they were having problems or performing maintenance on the system? Maybe I was just unlucky enough to be trying to figure out my scanner while they were working on the system?

BTW, this is my config right now.

-SF

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.