Programming PRO-106

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandt

I have a PRO-106 scanner and have moved to a new area and want to re-program frequencies for our new area. I have researched programming this scanner manually but that seems to intense. Is there a way to upload a FULL list electronically? I know RR has a program but don't want to pay anything...yet I want a FULL list of frequencies. I also see they have a 7 day free trial but not sure if this would allow 1 free FULL list....hope this makes sense and someone can help. Thank you!!

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Everybody wants something for nothing...

I am not aware of any free software for that scanner.

mandt

The USB PC cable you purchase comes with a trial software!! So my question is with that trial are you able to download a full list of frequencies for my area/county?

mainetrunk

I ---never--- had any luck with that cable/trial disc.. If you got time, do it by hand, store it into the v-scanner. I know where what is when i do it manually... No bragging, but I can manually program a few entities ( tag/delay/set tone/alert/store on scanlist) faster than some can do on computer. Practice makes perfect. Good luck

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
PSREdit500...FREE 30-day fully functional trial!
PSREdit500 - Configuration Editor for the PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, and PRO-197 Scanners

PSREdit500 is not free software. It is a copyrighted work. If you have not purchased a license key for the software, you will be allowed a free 30 day fully functional trial of the software in which to evaluate it's suitability to your needs. After the 30 day trial has expired, you must either purchase a license key for the software to continue its use, or remove the software from your computer.

This is possibly the best software available for your PRO-106 scanner. I know the programmer, Mike, personally. Great guy, excellent software, and support. Hopefully after the trial period is over, you will purchase it, and support all he has done for the scanner community!

reconrider8

best buy i ever made was my win500 license i build a file at least every couple weeks with it like when goin gon a trip i build a completely new file and save it

shadcall

I know you would prefer something free, but ARC 500 from Butel software is the best one for this scanner. I have used it for several years without any problems. I tried the others mentioned here but neither did what I wanted it to do. You get a 30 day free trial.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Yes I agree, ARC software from Butel is excellent also! I use Butel software for all my Uniden scanners.

Gommert Buysen has contributed a great deal to our scanner radio hobby!

N8IAA

I have a PRO-106 scanner and have moved to a new area and want to re-program frequencies for our new area. I have researched programming this scanner manually but that seems to intense. Is there a way to upload a FULL list electronically? I know RR has a program but don't want to pay anything...yet I want a FULL list of frequencies. I also see they have a 7 day free trial but not sure if this would allow 1 free FULL list....hope this makes sense and someone can help. Thank you!!

You seem to think that the 106 will hold the whole RR database like the PSR-800, HP-1, and the newer x36HP scanners.
It won't.
It has 20 Scanlists. Approximately 39,000 objects that can have analog/digital conventional, analog/digital trunk systems programmed into the scanner.
The cable you got at RS will allow you to use:
www.starrsoft.com
PSREdit
Arc500
to import frequencies to the software and upload them to the scanner. All three, as mentioned, are free for one month.
I prefer Win500. It was developed by DonS who helped GRE with the 106/197, 500/600.
Larry

Jimbo695

I think it's also important to mention that, unlike the 996xt, to load all 39,000 objects requires the use of all 20 virtual scanners built into the 197, in addition to the "main" scanner currently running. Each individual scanner only holds about 1850 objects. Load 1850, then "save" to Virtual Scanner 1; then load another 1850 and save to Virtual Scanner 2, etc.

Lawndr

Cost for software

I don't understand ! You buy a scanner(and not a cheap one) , maybe a 800MHz antenna and then have trouble coming up with $35.00 for a software license. ????????????

kibler

Feed Provider
I don't understand ! You buy a scanner(and not a cheap one) , maybe a 800MHz antenna and then have trouble coming up with $35.00 for a software license. ????????????
What are you talking about? This is a hobby that requires some $$$$,,,,need to look before you leap! Ha

jhal94

Premium Subscriber
What are you talking about? This is a hobby that requires some $$$$,,,,need to look before you leap! Ha

That's what he just said. Anyway, try Win500 and you can copy and paste the database info into excel or something organize it like Win500 does and then paste it into the software, it makes it much easier to program things.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Win500 is fully functional for 30 days so in that time you can get your scanner programmed and not have to pay a cent.

Most all radio software has a free 30-day trial. They do that to give you a chance to fully test and evaluate the software, prior to buying it. Their intent is not for you to download it, use it, and pay nothing. That would be like your employer asking you to work 30-days for nothing, then fire you afterwards.

These is a countless hours of hard work in developing software. The programmers deserve to be compensated for their efforts. Supporting them, motivates them to improve existing applications, and develop new ones, as newer model scanners become available.

Status
Not open for further replies.