Programming PRO-2051

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1508J

Greetings guys!

I just bought a old PRO-2051. Yeah, I know what you are thinking.:lol:

Anyway, I regret to say my friend and I have spent the last 4 hours going thu the manual in an attempt to program Charles County's TRS with no success. The rig will receive all conventional and TRS freqs (in non trunked mode) but fails to receive trunked ID after manual programing.

Would appreciate any ideas regarding the TRICK to get this rig receiving the TRS.

P.S., Nope, we do not have a programming cable or software available....if anyone can supply the above that would be great!!!

Thanks

N1508J

Manual programing PRO-2051

what state is ST Charles county in??:)

TNX puzzleriddle for the fast reply. I was/am so flabbergasted that I forgot to mention Maryland as my State. Charles County's TRS is Motorola Type 2 Smartnet.

We have used the so-called manual's step by step manual programming instructions to the letter and verified each steps starting on page 46, TRUNK TRACKING thu page 50. We entered the CC and other 800mHz frequencies in bank 1 and entered ALL the talkgroups per the manual.

In trunking mode the unit will lock on a talkgroup but only the sound of a control channel is present. We tried both ID scan and ID search modes, tried Control Channel only and change from PL2 to PL1 as described on page 73 of the manual.

I though the PRO-2051 would behave like my Uniden 996 in that once the control frequency was entered the unit would lock on and download talkgroups but guess it's too ancient to do that!!!

We would like to avoid the additional cost of using ARC 433 and the new Radio Shack programming cable 20-546 on this old used rig but if push comes to shove we will.

Has anyone used the ARC 433 software with a PRO-2051?????

And many thanks puzzleriddle for your help!!!!

N1508J

Whopper of mistake

If this is the system Charles County Trunking System, La Plata, Maryland - Scanner Frequencies you will not hear much looks like most talk groups are digital & a few are ENC or encrypted . need to get a digital scanner:). and of course NO scanner can decode the ENc stuff. also another problem the 2051 cannot do rebanded frequencies

Yep, ur right puzzeriddle!!!!! We though the 2051 was a digital trunking rig cuz we saw all the Motorola, EDACS and LTR trunking modes listed plus the requirement for talkgroup programing. Thanks for calling to our attention the rig is not digital compatible !!!!!!!

There's no fool like a old fool:lol::roll:

Really appreciate your input puzzleriddle!!!! 73 de N1508J:)

Status
Not open for further replies.