Programming PRO-2067 to power-up on SCAN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john98225

Anyone know if there's a way to make a Radio Shack PRO-2067 power-up on scan - or at least the way it was when it was powered off. I have one in a vehicle and it drives me nuts when it powers back up on channel 000 each time. (I'm using Win99 to program it via a laptop.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Anyone know if there's a way to make a Radio Shack PRO-2067 power-up on scan - or at least the way it was when it was powered off. I have one in a vehicle and it drives me nuts when it powers back up on channel 000 each time.

As far as *I* know that has been one of the `crosses one must bear' as part of owning a PRO-2067. Those of us who have them reflexively just push the SCAN button, muttering the occasional curse, and go on with our listening. {WAN GRIN!}

(I'm using Win99 to program it via a laptop.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
WIN99!? Hmmmm... *I* use WIN92 to program *my* PRO-2067, and PRO-92s. While I *do* have an *old* copy of WIN99 floating around someplace on one of my computers I've never used it to program either of the PRO-2067/92 type scanners. Oh, well...

N6RDC

I've got a Pro 2067 next to my bed because of the small footprint....good scanner and I've just gotten used to having to push the scan button when I first turn it on...but I know there's a way that it can be modded to start up in the scan mode, I remember seeing it.
Also lots of 2067 users put a weather channel in channel 1 (channel 1 locked out so it won't stop on it while scanning) to serve as a reminder to press scan when first turning on.

hoser147

Good luck on your search, Ive seen other threads in the past posted on it but no fix. I have a couple of 2067s great scanners, that would be even greater if you didnt have to hit the scan button upon startup. Its been quite a while since I have searched for a work around fix for it. You may try the 2067 Yahoo.group or Mods DK maybe someone has come up with something on it. Best of luck, if you find something please let us know.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
I have seen a user post about his Pro-92 with some mods done to it that would "scan" when turned on... I think it was a mod that tells the mainboard that the scan button was pushed after a few seconds of being turned on.

Where the post was I dont remember (here or the yahoo group), if the info is true I cant confirm.

N6RDC

Mod for 2067 Scan on Startup

Here's a copy of the mod for Scan on Startup...from a popular mod site.
Not a beginner's project...I'll just stick to pressing Scan on startup myself!
N6RDC

Attachments

• 2067 Mod.jpg
    2067 Mod.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 699

john98225

Thanks, everyone. The above mod seems a little too much for me to attempt. I can probably get used to hitting the scan button, or I may wire the scanner with an unswitched + ... and leave it on most of the time. (I have maintainance-style, floating, battery chargers on my vehicles so I wouldn't be worried about the battery drain.) Thanks again to all who replied!

Status
Not open for further replies.