Programming Pro-96 w/ Northwest Central Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

arothenberg

I am trying to program my Pro-96 for Northwest Central Dispatched Trunked 800 system, but cannot seem to get it working.

I have programmed a 2096 successfully before, but this one has me stumped.

I used Win96 and even downloaded the data off of RR website, but I am not getting anything coming up at all. I cannot believe there entire trunked system has been quiet this long.

I am able to scan conventional freqs w/o any issue. I have both programmed manually and with the downloaded data. Seems to scan, but again never stops for any traffic.

Ideas?

Thanks,

arothenberg

I have continued to try every combonation I can think of. Has anyone ever seen the digialt decoder go bad perhaps? I am able to hear all conventional just fine?

rmiller818

You set it for a rebanded system right?

I had the DSP board replaced in one my Pro-96s. It would still partially decode the signal, just not well.

arothenberg

yes, I am using the rebanded freqs. Furhter testing shows I cannot seem to get analog trunked freqs either. I have my Pro-97 on listening to NWCD analog and the Pro-96 is not picking up that either. But conventional works fine. I am going to try reset and a fresh start.

I did try the config file I used on the 2096, but did not seem to work. how much did it coust to get the DSP board replaced? Will radio shack still service it and would they charge me up the ying yang?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you enable and fill in the custom frequencies table as shown at the bottom of this article (all links are in blue);

Win96 - The RadioReference Wiki

This is, AFAIK, required if you are trying to trunk on a rebanded system

Before you send in anything to RS, it might be wise to dump your file out of Win96, zip (compress) it up and let other Win96 users see it.

73 Mike

arothenberg

Ok,
I cannot get ANY Trunked bands to work. I tried 2 analog trunk bands that are on my Pro-97 and the Pro-96 just keeps scanning, never stops. Turned squelch all the way off. This was after a factory reset.

Any Ideas?

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Did you set the bank to mode-Motorola, and each freqy to "MO".....On the NWCD system you need the Win96 3600 baud "custom rebanding" information downloaded to the scanner or you will not receive the 853mgz freqys....On the PRO96 if you hear the CChannel you should be able to trunk the analog systems...The two analog systems have not rebanded as yet-Hoffman Estates etc....Could be RS repair messed things up??...

arothenberg

Ok, Here is where I am stuck.

I HAVE NOT yet taken to RS for repair, I am wondering if it may need repair.

I am using the custom 3600CC and 3600CC tables as listed in the database. All freqs on the digital and analog channels are set to MOT.

I have a Pro-97 which I had configureed for Analog trunk (Streamwood, Hoff, Scham) that works GREAT.

However the Pro-96 does not work for those trunked bands or the digital bands.

The Pro-96 scans conventional banks just fine. I can pickup IFERN, RED CENTER, DUCOMM. without any problems on the Pro-96, just no trunks are working.

I am willing to send my Win96 file to anyone that might be willing to take a look.

I have tried everything I can think of, I am wondering if there is something wrong with the unit. This unit had belonged to a friend that never really used it and does not have much knowledge on these things.

Thanks.

arothenberg

One more addition, I found that I can manually tune to the freq in the bank with the trunk, but it is extremely quite and garbled. i can tell it is the traffic the is occurring on the Pro 97 while I listen to the 96

mkoster

Premium Subscriber
I was able to listen to NWCD until a few days ago, then it just went silent. There is nothing wrong with my Uniden BC796D. I enabled and filled in the custom frequencies table. Like I wrote, I was able to listen just fine until a few days ago. There is nothing wrong with my scanner or the antenna. I can listen to Star21Com 25 Statewide Illinois P25/Project 25 with no problem.

mw96

I haven't used my scanner in a couple of months. I am also no longer getting NWCD on my Pro 96 or Pro 2096.

ilgrant

I haven't used my scanner in a couple of months. I am also no longer getting NWCD on my Pro 96 or Pro 2096.

They switched to a new radio system. All TDMA Phase 2 all the time. Neither scanner will be able to decode the transmissions. PD's are encrypted. Fire in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.