programming pro 97 for motorola trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrench234

i am a newbie this is my first scanner. i am finding out that this is a somewhat complicated hobby. i am wanting to program a motorola smartrak2 system archer daniels midland company (adm) in macon county central illinois i found it in the database. went through the directions in the manual put all this seems to be over my head, i am unsure of what primary and control channels and where it says dec, hex, mode ? it says i must set the fleet map to recieve motorola type 1 system what about type 2? the book doesnt really seem to say much more about type 2 after that. any help greatly appreciated

Colin9690

Delaware County, OH
Premium Subscriber
For that system in the database, the control channels are in RED. Don't worry about the other frequencies, all you need to do is program the control channels to receive the system. But, if you understand how to enter frequencies into channels (in the manual), you need to make sure that you set the bank to MOT (motorola) mode, and every control channel to MOT mode (the manual tells you). BTW, since this is a Type II system, you don't need a fleet map, those are only for Type I systems, and there are only a handful of those around anymore.

All right, looking at the system, say you want to listen to "ADM Trucking". You would go to the bank where you have the trunking system stored in memory, and press FUNC + TRUNK. Then, enter "880", and press ENT. Never enter the numbers under HEX, you don't need those, only enter the DEC number. Then, by pressing TEXT, you can enter a text tag if you wish for that talkgroup. Then repeat this process for each talkgroup you want to program.

I hope this helps a little! :) And yes, it's a hard hobby to start, but when you have everything programmed, you can just listen to all the cop chases, and big fires, and not worry a bit about programming.

Last edited:

wrench234

thanks alot for the reply i used the info and i got it programmed! very helpful thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.