programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigcam406

hey guys,bought a psr500 recently,have no problem programming it with my local stuff,but the problem is after i have finally programmed a system and saved it to a scanlist,then after i program another system and save it to a second scanlist,the first scanlist disappears,and it only scans what has been entered on the second scanlist.i have tried numerous times to correct the problem,and i have read the manual over as well.what am i missing? thx in advance.

SCPD

QRT
If you program system 1 to scan list 1 and system 2 to scan list 1 then they will both be in scan list 1. To see your systems programmed in the scanner use the up & down arrow keys and to switch between scan lists use the left and right arrow keys.
Press PGM -> F2 EDIT -> Use Right Arrow key to find TSYS
and use the arrow keys to switch to systems that have been programmed in the scanner. You can edit them from there.

mikey60

hey guys,bought a psr500 recently,have no problem programming it with my local stuff,but the problem is after i have finally programmed a system and saved it to a scanlist,then after i program another system and save it to a second scanlist,the first scanlist disappears,and it only scans what has been entered on the second scanlist.i have tried numerous times to correct the problem,and i have read the manual over as well.what am i missing? thx in advance.

Are you using software to program the radio? If so, you need to remember that the cloning protocol in these scanners work with complete scanner configurations. Whatever you upload to the scanner from the computer will be all the scanner has in memory, it is not appended to what is already there.

If you're using software, my suggestion is to download what's already in the scanner to the computer, add what you want to add, and then upload the new configuration to the scanner.

Mike

bigcam406

thx for the replies guys.im not using software to program it as i find it quite easy to do by hand,and this way im getting really familiar with the settings,features etc.i have tried to program 2 systems (one is a moto uhf/vhf digital and the other is a moto 800/900 analogue).when i am done programming the first one,i set it to scanlist 1,then i try it to make sure it works,and it does.then when i program the second system,and set it to scanlist 2,i try it,it works as well.but when i enable both scanlists,it only scans the second one.then when i disable the second one and enable the first one,it still scans the second one.that is why im confused.

mikey60

thx for the replies guys.im not using software to program it as i find it quite easy to do by hand,and this way im getting really familiar with the settings,features etc.i have tried to program 2 systems (one is a moto uhf/vhf digital and the other is a moto 800/900 analogue).when i am done programming the first one,i set it to scanlist 1,then i try it to make sure it works,and it does.then when i program the second system,and set it to scanlist 2,i try it,it works as well.but when i enable both scanlists,it only scans the second one.then when i disable the second one and enable the first one,it still scans the second one.that is why im confused.

It sounds to me like you have the talkgroup objects on both scan lists. If you edit the Talkgroup object and look at the scan list menu item, the scan lists with an asterisk next to them are enabled, and those without are not. A scanable object may be a member of any or all scan lists.

Mike

mikey60

when im programming i make sure that the systems are on seperate scanlists,therefore this is why im stumped.

New talkgroups are added to the default scan list (Scan list 1 by default). As you program them, you need to place them in the desired scan lists, and remove them from the default if you don't want them there.

The system itself is not assigned to any scan list. Only the Talkgroup objects that are associated are assigned to scan lists. Note also that if you had the scanner create a wildcard talkgroup object, any objects added using the STOR function of the wildcard will inherit all of the wildcard object settings (i.e. scan list memberships, LED, Backlight, audio alert).

Mike

bigcam406

well, im ready to give up with this thing. i entered in 2 police services in my scanning area,both on moto800/900 freq's.i saved them on seperate scanlists,made sure the default was not on scanlist 1,and it still just scans on the last program that was entered,even though i have the pertaining scanlists enabled.any one with advice?

kf4uuz

I have a feeling you might not be entering an asterisk for your desired scan list. In the programming process, you need to manually advance to the desired scan list, enter an asterisk in that list; (by hitting SELECT)
Then you program all of your related information, and finally hit SAVE to store all the information into your selected scan list.

bigcam406

nope,ive made sure when im entering the talkgroups that the scanlist is enabled each time with an asterisk.ive tried programming this thing 5 times already and made sure that all of the info is spot on,checked everything before scanning and it still has the same result.

qlajlu

Silent Key
nope,ive made sure when im entering the talkgroups that the scanlist is enabled each time with an asterisk.ive tried programming this thing 5 times already and made sure that all of the info is spot on,checked everything before scanning and it still has the same result.

The 500 should have a programming cable so why not use one of the free trial software's then load to software for a review of your setup. Mickey60 has PSREdit - Configuration Editors for the new GRE line of scanners and it will reveal exactly your programming setup.

There is also WIN500 from Starrsoft, and as fmon says, it is has a free 30-day trial as does PSREdit.

I have been following this saga as you try programming your scanner, and I agree with fmon. Although it is commendable that you are trying to do this without "outside" help from artificial means, such as programming software, there comes a point when you should surrender. Use the included cable and download one of the programming software. Seeing things in the software will give you a brand new perspective of the relationships of the things you are trying to load. It could point out that one thing that seems to be escaping you - as well as everyone trying to help you - and keeping you from your accomplishment.

Contrary to popular belief, it is NOT necessary to have a Premium Subscription to use any of the software if that is an issue with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.