Programming Problems with BC235XLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Car150

Feed Provider
Trying to program up a BC235XLT with Motorola Smartnet Trunk system. Cannot seem to be able to get ID's into scanner; errors keep coming up? I have another unit working fine, but this one being stubborn (2 hours stubborn)

Suggestions

dangitdoug

Give a little more detail as to the problems. I had the 235 for many years and hed no problems

Doug K

Car150

Feed Provider
Re Bc235xlt

One Doug to another - I have all the frequencies programmed in ok. When I attempt to enter in either E2 (error comes up) or E1 (hit enter button....nothing happens). I noted the instructions say the unit defaults to E2, so I though, OK....I'll just enter the ID's and see what happend.....but I cannot get the screen ----- that you should see to enter the ID's.

LarrySC

Did you put the scanner in the trunking mode BEFORE you entered the freq's???????? You must do it that way or it want work.

Car150

Feed Provider
Larry:

THANK YOU.....I re-checked it again and NO I did NOT have the frequencies programmed in ....in the trunk mode. Removed them, reprogrammed them in the trunk mode and entered the ID's in.......and she's singing away. Thanks guys !!!
It's going to a media guy.....so hopefully will keep him happy.....I know took 2 hours out of my weekend.....and RadioReference.com and Larry saved the day. Stay Safe !

dangitdoug

LarrySC said:
Did you put the scanner in the trunking mode BEFORE you entered the freq's???????? You must do it that way or it want work.

I'm glad it was a simple fix. The 235 is a great scanner for learning trunking systems. I had mine for ten years or so. You should be very happy with it now>

Doug K

Status
Not open for further replies.