programming PSR-300 scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to be purchasing the PSR-300 scanner with the next week and I currently live in Reading, Mass. I am most interested in 1) programming the Mass State Police trunking frequencies for A, F, and H Troops and Airwing as well as a few other non-state police 800mhz frequencies (Inspector General, Mass Parole, DOC Apprehension Unit, Mass Environmental Police, etc.) 2) Boston MedFlight, Worcester LifeFlight, and probably some military air frequencies and 3) my local PD and Fire frequencies.

Can the above programming on the PSR-300 be easily completed manually without software? Also, what earpieces are people using with this scanner when yiou want to listen, say, at work when you don't want others to hear the QSOs? Thanks in advance for any advice/comments.

Well, I am glad I was browsing the Massachusetts forum today because I learned that my hometown has switched to digital today. (kinda weird that I noticed this just before I was about to order the GRE-300) So, I guess the GRE-300 is out and I have to save up for the digital handheld which I am not thrilled about but hey what are you gonna do. I noticed Radio Shack is selling the Pro-106 for $100 less than ScannerMaster if my eyes are correct.

mciupa

Yeah, the 106's are on sale for $399 currently, what a coincidence that it is GRE produced product as well. :D

waltmitty

Premium Subscriber
i saw the RS price on the 300, but with 9% sales tax here in Seattle, I opted for the PSR-500 for $428
from an apparent reliable vendor out of TN (Great Lakes Souvenirs). It was shipped out within 2 hrs
and I'm sitting by the door awaiting delivery.

Gadgetman728

Premium Subscriber
If you want to hear specific freqs. & TG's it is best to use the software. Many options available are just easier and more efficient to program with software. I prefer win500.
I paid $428 also, had batts. warmed up and program ready to load when it arrived. I was listening within 5 minutes of opening my box. I then checked for the notorious "loose screw" no problems here.
No matter what RS charges, they still want money for a charger then you have to buy their SO-SO fitting "C" tip and programming cable. GO GRE and kick RS to the curb!

I have a GRE 300 coming on the 29th so will also have some batteries ready and charged to go when it arrives. I still have no clue how to initiate scanning on trunking and the setup procedure.
I will have to learn from my friend Robert here how to get into the trunking thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.