programming? psr500

Status
Not open for further replies.

italia2006

Premium Subscriber
i figured out how to get my radio ids to show up, but i have to set the squelch knob al the way counter clockwise.. this is ok if only listening to the edacs system. with the squelch turned all the way i hve other freq that need the squelch to be turned clockwise some or all you hear is noise with the scanner stuck on that freq..is there a way to adjust squelch so i can see the radio ids without having to set squelch all the way counter clockwise. looking at my previous posts will clarify some info. basically i only see radio id on edacs if sqelch turned to the left all the way. not able to listento other freqs with squelch turned left all the way.

thanks for any info

kcoleman

I hope that I'm stating this correctly....

If everything is programmed correctly for your EDACS system and radio ID's are turned on for your PSR500, when there is a transmission received the radio ID should be displayed at that time to show you the radio that is transmitting. You should be able to set your squelch at a level that works for your entire 500s programming regardless of conv or trunked frequencies.

Best of Luck,
Keith

3mary2

On my PSR500 I have a mix of frequencies and the squelch knob is set at approximately eleven o'clock position and this setting really works for all the frequencies.

3mary2

I am really sorry and I need to apologize for giving you the wrong setting on the squelch yesterday. My PSR 600 is set at eleven o'clock not the PSR500. My PSR500 is set at about four o"clock. This seems to work the best for me all over the valley here in vegas.I listen to the 150's-400's and 800's daily. Again I am sorry for the confusion.

Swipesy

My snow pictures must have disoriented you, lol.

I am really sorry and I need to apologize for giving you the wrong setting on the squelch yesterday. My PSR 600 is set at eleven o'clock not the PSR500. My PSR500 is set at about four o"clock. This seems to work the best for me all over the valley here in vegas.I listen to the 150's-400's and 800's daily. Again I am sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.