Programming question regarding GRE/RS/Whistler scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I am fairly well versed in programming Uniden scannes over many years using different software including Butel, Sentinnel, Pro Scan, etc. I always seem to be adding a group here, a station there, a new trunk site here, etc.
In addition to all my Uniden Scanners, I also have the GRE-600, PRO-197 (I know they are the same), and the PRO-106. I have used these over the years, but not as frequently as the Unidens. One reason is that it seems with the different programming software, I can't add a group here, a station there, etc. without overwriting the entire active memory in the scanner. I realize I can move what I have there into virtual memory, but it seems like a lack of flexibility.
Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way to add just one or two channels, TGs, etc using ARC500 or WIN-500 without overwriting the entire memory.
Thank you.

Steve

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am fairly well versed in programming Uniden scannes over many years using different software including Butel, Sentinnel, Pro Scan, etc. I always seem to be adding a group here, a station there, a new trunk site here, etc.
In addition to all my Uniden Scanners, I also have the GRE-600, PRO-197 (I know they are the same), and the PRO-106. I have used these over the years, but not as frequently as the Unidens. One reason is that it seems with the different programming software, I can't add a group here, a station there, etc. without overwriting the entire active memory in the scanner. I realize I can move what I have there into virtual memory, but it seems like a lack of flexibility.
Am I missing something obvious? Is there a way to add just one or two channels, TGs, etc using ARC500 or WIN-500 without overwriting the entire memory.
Thank you.

Steve

Very simple......

Download your current programming from the scanner to the software first.

Make your additions and changes to the original programming in the software.

Upload the programming back to the scanner, and save a copy on your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.