programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Hi all, I don't know if this is covered somewhere already, but I was trying to figure out this: I have several talkgroups entered into a digital system. I have locked out a few of them. How do I unlock one or more of them if I want to listen to a particular one? I am a new owner of the psr500 and am still learning and finding my way with this scanner. I have only owned Unidens and rs's in the past. Any help is appreciated. I am still learning how to pragram this terrific scanner. Digital sound quality smokes the pro-96 i had previously.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Hit MAN and then use the left or right arrows to find the scanlist you set them to. Then use the up and down arrows to find them. Push Func then L/O to lock or unlock them. You'll see the indicator in the upper right change. Lockout status is also shown when editing an object (a conventional channel, a TG, etc).

You can also use FIND (PGM, EDIT, FIND) to locate the TG is you remember how you labeled them.

When pressing only L/O you temporarily lock them out (reset by power-cycling); you can reverse this feature by changing the option in PGM, GLOB so that simply pressing L/O permanently locks out.

Last edited:

timmer

Thanks alot. Like I said I am still figuring this thing out. Haven't had a scanner yet that I couldn't figure out how to program. This one is definitely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.