TRX-2: Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim-B

Does the TRX-2 have a limit on how many objects or talkgroups can be programmed into a single V-scanner folder? The TRX-2's predecessors had a limit of 1,800 objects per folder. Has this number remained the same for the TRX-2 or has it increased and if so how much?

troymail

Silent Key
Does the TRX-2 have a limit on how many objects or talkgroups can be programmed into a single V-scanner folder?
No, not that I am aware of. There's limits to everything but sometimes they are so far "out there" it's as if they don't exist.
The TRX-2's predecessors had a limit of 1,800 objects per folder. Has this number remained the same for the TRX-2 or has it increased and if so how much?
This limitation went away in later/newer radios... Exactly what the limits are? Dunno. I've never hit any limits.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Once I have programmed the freqs and groups in the first V-Scan folder, do I clear the lists and start over to set up another V Scan folder? I really wish Whistler had Butel programming for the TRX-2, 'EZ Scan' is an oxymoron...

troymail

Silent Key
You really don't have to create additional VFolders unless/until you find a reason to do so. Each VFolder has 200 scanlists so you could just keep adding systems and channels and just put them in different scanlists.

I tend to create new VFolders for "special" programming - like for road trips or other situations that take me to different locations. This way, I leave my home/local programming alone for when I return home.

Like all software, it can take some time to get comfortable with EZ Scan. I can say the same thing for Uniden's Sentinel. I've beta tried other 3rd party packages as well and I got aggravated with those too and never bought any (except Win500 for the PSR-500 long before EZ Scan). It's like anything else - the more you use it, the easier it gets. I've now been using EZ Scan since the PSR-800 was released and I find it very easy to use. While I don't like it, I've also gotten used to most of Sentinel's quirks too but I don't use it all that much.

Swipesy

I agrre 100% with Troymail on EZScan and his other comments. The way I have defeated the shortcoming of EZScan is to do 100% of my programming in Excel and then import into EZScan. Since you can't export from EZScan I just fix "things" in Excel and re-import to EZScan. Really no issues.

Mojaveflyer

Premium Subscriber
Troymail & Swipesy - I appreciate your thoughts... Much of the motivation for V Scan folders is road trips, and it's how I programmed my PSR-500/600. My main frustration with 'EZ-Scan' is the lack of ability to manipulate groups. I spent over two hours the other night individually locking out talk groups because I don't see a way to lock out all of them and then unlock the two dozen or so ones that I want active. Thanks! .

troymail

Silent Key
... I don't see a way to lock out all of them and then unlock the two dozen or so ones that I want active. Thanks! .

Click on one talkgroup row then press Control-A to select all.

You can also select specific rows by clicking on a row and then hold down Control and clicking on another row.... it's just MS Windows standard selection keystrokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.